My Pertol Guage is FUBAR :(

Scooby Pete

Got the orange reserve light on way home last night, stopped and put £20 in the needle didnt move.
On the way to work put another £20 in and the needle still hasn't moved  its just hovering on the last but on line of the guage.
The needle moves during the start up sequence as normal.
With £40 it should be at just over halfway.

Anyone got any ideas?

I know sounds stupid have you give it the Fonzie style whack. other then that I would just check for any blown fuses give the car a wobble get the fuel to slosh about see if it gets anything moving again. :(

sender arms are known to seize in older cars or the float drop off but being such a new car it'd be unusual for it to be that, if you look under the back seats or under the boot carpet you should see at least one round or oval plate, unscrew that/them and in there is the sender pump and float thingy, they are sometimes secured with a plastic ring screwed over it or may be some other way on these cars i honestly don't know, if you undo whatever is holding it down an pull the pump up, you should be able to see the float arm, gently move it up with your finger or get a hook of some kind to do it, if it doesn't budge it's seized, otherwise check the wiring from that and around the plug to it and as said the fuse or fuses, maybe theres a relay for it, sorry to sound so vague but i've not messed with one of these imprezas so i'm just generalising

:lol:  typical after spending half an hour searching through the workshop manual PDF's I had to go move the car, turned on and the gauge is now Working. Oh well just glad I didn't have to rip the back of the car out to check it :)

has been known for the wires to get worn through due to back seat I new a guy that the fuel pump only worked when someone sat in the back seat as it allowed the wires to connect :D just keep it in mind if stops again.

Would hope connections are not an issue in a car this new I could believe a float / sender problem - they would not be expensive parts to manufacture

I'm just glad it's working.

lol there was me thinking:

• the garage had ripped me off.
  • I had a hole in the tank.
  • 15 ltrs is a !Removed! big reserve.
  • I dreamt I put petrol in the car.
  • I've finally lost the plot.

Hahahaha