Fuel pump / filter

Hey party people,

I'm looking to upgrade my fuel pump / filter in my Classic STI, I have a new K&N air filter and looking to help increase BHP as well, but after hearing from the good peeps of this site Fuel Pump needs doing, I'm guessing but most are agreeing I must be near the 280-290BHP already as it's an import and they 're better BHP and power as standard....

Any advice on what fuel pump to use?? What to look for????

Mine at the mo is a standard fuel pump/filter which was brand new only 6mths or so ago.

Advice and help gratefully received :D

I went for a rcm fuel pump. Cost 120 with next day delivery. I ordered at 5:45pm. It got to me at 10am the next day. Absolutely top service and had a good chat with Olly after.

Was a bit longer than the standard bracket so I had to do a bit of fabrication(I bent it down). All fits snug and works fine since March this year.

• Like 1

I went for a rcm fuel pump. Cost 120 with next day delivery. I ordered at 5:45pm. It got to me at 10am the next day. Absolutely top service and had a good chat with Olly after.

Was a bit longer than the standard bracket so I had to do a bit of fabrication(I bent it down). All fits snug and works fine since March this year.

Top man..... Still got 24mins to research and get ordering then!!! :D

• Like 1

Ha yeah. I was amazed. You don't see that type of service anymore. Olly said they see what it was and figured I'd want to fit it straight away so sent it out straight away [emoji5]

To add on the rcm. Apart from the bracket it was all plug and play. No hassle what so ever.

As I was advised. You will want to replace the gasket that seals the pump in. Stants sent me a link for that. Had to order from us. So despite having the pump quick I couldn't fit it

• Like 1