To GT or not to GT!

Fla

Hi guys,

I've had my 2007 legacy estate 2.0R for 6 months now. I originally came on here for advice and half said don't touch it and half said go for it. Well after 6 months I've only put brake pads on it. It had high mileage and was a little worn from family use but I have absolutely become a legacy wagon head! I only use the car at weekends and every time I use it I enjoy it. It handles great, it's comfortable, it has loads of space and it looks great.

That said..... I'd love the GT. I'm tempted to bring one in from Japan as there are none in Ireland.

What are people's feelings and experience on a 2004 GT estate with 113km on the clock. Will it be as comfortable, will it be as good on breaking, what should I look out for Ns am I crazy.

Should be just as comfortable, obviously higher on insurance and fuel consumption.

Straight from Japan it should be about as clean as they come. Could finding one in England and importing to Ireland be an easier solution?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Higher in fuel consumption, is that possible!! The current one is thirsty as it is but it's an automatic and the lag drives me nuts. As for insurance, €8 more per annum, I too was shocked at that but I've a long ncb. I did look at the usual car sites in the UK and the GTs were rare enough. I guess the price is part of it too. I can get a very good in crashed get for 6k dollars delivered to Ireland from Japan. I think most of the GTs I saw in the UK were nearly 10k. It's a lot for a weekend car. I already have a weekend mk1 mx5.

Depends how you drive it really, if it's not your daily you probably won't notice that much. Then straight from Japan is definitely best.

Just a thought, have you weighed it up against a 3.0 spec b?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd actually prefer the 3.0 as it's not got the turbo so one less piece of kit to maintain, also there is ab good version near me for sale. Down side is the crazy road tax. Currently the 2l or 2l turbo are €700 per year to tax, the 3l is €1400 I think. Good old Irish tax system :(

• Like 2

Oh you certainly will mate its smiles per miles [emoji1] it will use a bit more fuel if you launch it every set of lights and junction but steady drive most of the time I think it will be about the same on fuel. It would need more regular oil changes though. But other than that I can think be much in the two maintenance wise. And I think you would regret not going turbo if you like a bit of spirited driving. Only other thing could do is try test drive both. [emoji106]