bov/dumpvalve ??

Guys, this has probably been asked a zillion times lol. Hoping to get a Japspeed exhaust to my classic within the next couple of weeks. Then soon after am really wanting a bov/dumpvalve. It's a classic impreza 51 plate. Wanting to keep it as standard as possible, have upgraded to gold speedlines, Exhaust and the bov/dumpvalve is probably the last of my little mods. 

Has anyone either used/bought the universal type listed below, (copied & pasted ad from turborevs/ebay)? or the longer ad which is from a company called TURBOREVS on eBay??

Also 2fast2cool?

Brand new boxed greddy bov dump valve
Universal fitting
Adjustable
Price includes postage to all of uk
Email for details

Brand new dump valve is for high performance applications with the desire to be noticed! A new larger body and a beefier piston ensures the valve remains smooth under the most demanding circumstances. This valve relieves compressor pressure surge caused by changing gears or backing off the throttle quickly and is designed for turbo charged engines running boost pressure. This is a direct replacement for the oem recirculating valve.

Please note this dump valve is not really loud, it makes a bit more sound than the standard one,

why do you want a dump valve/BOV?

My last car had one fitted when I bought it, I thought the hesitation/lag/jerkiness was just a subaru thing, found out it ran a million times smoother with a standard recirc valve fitted. I wouldn't consider fitting one to my present or any future cars.

If you just want a noise and want everyone to know you are changing gear then get one ;)

• Like 1

I own a HKS SSQV4 and I have nothing but praise for it! It does its job and it doesnt appear to have caused the engine limp which some DV's cause. If you fit one expect to have a loud banging out your exhaust  :rolleyes:

It's one of those mods that some cars run funny unless mapped for one, some cars run fine even unmapped for one

cheap tends to mean problems, weak springs that bleed boost is a common issue.

http://shop.scoobyclinic.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_111&product_id=613

also need adaptor as well though

• Like 1

If it's a new age well even classics are pretty much just straight swaps. As said some cars won't run with them very well but you won't know till you try it I guess

I like mine and my father in law likes his too who's nearly 60 so we like to keep the chav whistle blowing woop woop [emoji6] [emoji106]

• Like 1

Interesting, was hoping for bolt off/bolt on. Was planning on recircular as that's what the standard one is (I think) the atmosphere ones by name sound louder.

A recirc will be fine :)

I had a forge dump valve/VTA/BOV (was mapped for) and tried different spring/washer combinations and every gear change was jerky. I put on a std recirc and it was fine.

The lag/jerkyness can be due to air that has passed the air flow meter (and calculated for) gets lost from the system when you change gear, so when you accelerate again for a split second the mixture is very rich due to the missing air

Both scoobs in the garage have bailey's dv on. Work OK for me

Are these the dv 10? think it's atmospheric, as far as what I've read it's a 50/50 on other forums too. really think it depends on specific car and a bit of luck, although I am adamant to get the classic bov sound pssst psssst.