Wheel spacers

Georgeh79

Hi I've been looking at ways to make my 2003 sti uk look a little different, nothing major just subtle things. I've seen wheel spacers on eBay which bolt to the hub then my wheels bolt to the spacer ,has anyone had experience with these? Would they fit on my car or is arch work required ? Is it a mod worth doing will it make car look slightly more aggressive in stance? Thanks for any advice and apologise if it's a stupid question I've asked

Im assuming they are quite thick adaptors?  Your going to have to have a proper look at your current set up and decide if your going to push your arches.  This might not look great if you have standard wheels as it will look odd if you know what I mean.  

Thanks for the reply , yes just the standard 17" gold wheels, I just thought they might give it a slightly more aggressive stance. Without seeing one though I'm not sure and there about 60/70 quid so don't just wanna chuck money away if no good. Plus the risk of them catching on the wheel arches as well and I definitely don't wanna be chopping me arches away as its a pretty mint car cheers . Unless anyone has tried it and it looks/works ok I prob won't risk

You can get varying thickness's, so get your ruler out - looking to get some 20mm ones myself just to fill arches out but I will still have clearance. To me they are a cheaper option of getting a wider stance, check quality of fit also - make sure everything is going to mate together nicely

Off the top of your head do you know what thickness you can fit without arch work, I wondered if you thought 20mm from experience ? I have seen some 25mm ones but I'd guess they would stick out a little far and catch arch cheers

I was on 20mm with the rears on very low profile tyres to miss the arches I think it looked better but I kept getting bubbles on the front tyres inside walls because of the pot holes :( so went larger tyres and kept scraping only slightly on one side. I could have rolled the arches but wanted to remove them temporarily and had a right game getting them off. Well end result :( 

20150701_180651_zpssfbaa76o.jpg

When I upgraded from standard rims to a set of speedlines, to my surprise I needed spacers in order to get the wheels on as the front calipers/brakes were catching. I went for 5mm all around, was onle a tenner per set. Think if you get anything above 12mm then automatically you have to get the bolt on ones. The 5mm I have are just placements behind the wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently purchased 32mm spacers from the USA and it sits very well, straight bolt on to the hub. Yes they do slightly over stretch the arch but it sits rather nice. I am on 17's and from lock to lock it doesnt touch a thing, over bumps there is no arch rub and the handling ability feels a great deal better. I admit i dont not drive my car like i stole it but i am happy with the results. Dont buy cheap get the good ones as i have heard some horror tales. I will upload a photo of the spacers bolted together. It also has a nice camber. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

My main problem was the garage had rounded the !Removed! bolts that bad I couldn't remove them :( Snapped a socket trying to force one on it was that bad but had mine on for about 5 years until that point :D