Oil pressure

Haydnp1987

Hi I have a 2004 wrx sti type uk ppp.does anybody know what my oil pressure should be my car has been tuned to 402.9bhp.but when car has warmed up and I'm idling my oil pressure light comes on my defi gauges but if I pick the revs up it goes off.i haven't got any warning light on the dash and it has been like this since I picked it up on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Depends on what the previous owner has set the warning at, what does the gauge read when warm ?

The stock oil light is useless and will only come on when it's too late

Duncan told me the oe pressure switch is set to 5psi [emoji28] [emoji28]

Mine drops to 1.4 occasionally when really hot it doesnt bother me any more as know it's ok all depends on what grade oil and time if year, with the colder mornings etc.

Maybe have a look at sender see if all ok

Mine died in July scared the !Removed! out of me as went from. 1.8 slowly dropped to 0

That's over 600 quids worth of kit,I think you hold the warn button down and advance or decrease the setting using the up down arrows, , same with peak . It's been over 10 years since I've seen a set though so could have changed

Scoobyghost I'm going to look online now to see how 2 adjust it.but the thing is if it's beeping at 1.4bar I would have 2 lower it.what bar pressure should it b running when fully warmed is it 2.0bar.if so it will b no point in me lowering the setting to stop it beeping.sorry for all the questions I'm just really a bit confused.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If your warm idle is always 1.4bar, set it to 1.1 that will allow for slight deviations but also giving you enough warning should the pressure drop too low. I wouldn't worry about pressure providing its always constant. It's when you start getting strange readings that there's an issue. Whether it's the sensor or more serious. Do you have an oil temp gauge too?