Reducing body roll, 2005 xt

mantis147

Hi all,

I'm after a way of reducing the foresters body roll/sway in cornering. I'm trying to keep it simple without going down the shock replacement route! I'm aiming to get 18" alloys with lower profile tyres but keep at standard height, will adding heavy duty whiteline front and back anti-roll bars make much difference? Thanks.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I'd go solid metal droplinks, front and rear, whitline do silver ones that are half the price of the bronze for some reason, other brands are available !

And juts an uprated rear bar, not sure what size you have as stock but earlier models had the thinnest things ever, I went up to a 22mm on the rear and made a dramatic effect in handling.

I did get new droplinks for the front a month ago to get rid of a knocking noise they were standard type made by meyle if I remember right. I will measure the rear bar and let you know, as could do as you mentioned and stiffen the rear up first.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

rear prodrive/sti rollbar & strengthened rollbar mounts can help but best gain is custom stiffer springs & shocks like kyb excel g or ultra, especially on ones that done a lot of mileage & some towing. 18" rims won't be great on uk roads .

• Like 1