New Scooby owner in need of help ***URGENT***

scoobyste

Right then :-P

I have changed ALL the 4mm hoses around the motor and only found 1 very slight split on 1 hose at the T piece above the turbo but i dont THINK it was leaking as it was literally on the end of the hose pipe and still snugly over the T piece itself... However a split is a split so i could be wrong???

I have refitted the standard airbox also... any info on a good filter for it for max hp will be appreciated :-)

I took out the original failing MAF, the hot wire was looking pretty dirty to begin with!

So i set to it with Brake Cleaner and a cotton bud and actually got quite a bit of dirt out!!!

Now it shines lovely ;-)

I put it all back together and have driven it 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear abosuletly flat out, full throttle, all the way to redline!!! Up and down the approx half mile road my unit is on.

done this AT LEAST 10 times myself AND let my friend drive it up and down at least another 5 times just to check if a different driving style affected it?

Well im happy to say that a fair bit of distance has been covered im sure you agree and all with FULL WIDE OPEN THROTTLE THROUGH 3 GEARS AND BY 2 DIFFERENT DRIVERS!!!!!

not 1 Check Engine Light

not 1 splutter

not 1 pop

not 1 !Removed!

not 1 hesitation

Dont want to jinx myself but HOPEFULLY i have sorted it :-)

All i can do is drive it and drive it and drive it some more... if the problem comes back, back to diagnosing.

Until then, thanks a lot for all your help so far guys :-)

Such a shame really because a lot of the awesome induction noise has gone :-(

But hey... its a small price to pay for having the scoob running nice again eh :-P

The MAF did look a little discoloured when i started but when i finished, i showed my friend and even he agreed it was gleeeeeeeming haha shiny shiny

Can anyone recommend a really good top of the range panel filter?

Also im looking at getting a full decat system for the car (dont worry about MOT... i have connections), will it make a nice difference to the power delivery?

If im right to understand... the facelift classic has 2 cats or boxes similar??? (1 on the down pipe from turbo and 1 under the car) im guessing this is VERY restrictive!!!

Oh and also does anyone have a top mount cooler for sale? My silver one has certainly seen better days and all the fins have folded/creased

Cheers

You're better off with a remap to make the most of the decat, you would also be able to put the induction kit back on if you want as will be mapped for it, and you'll get more boost and torque, as for the intercooler, take it off and get a pair of tweezers and some little picks a beer and just straighten the fins out, takes some time but cheaper and the one you have on is a v3 ? I think, is the best of the classic coolers for efficency

• Like 1

Awesome

After what happened with the MAF i think i am just going to keep the standard airbox fitted but would like a better flowing panel filter... guessing K&N do one?

The intercooler, now thats a good shout matey!

I think tomorrow night i will spend a few hours straightening it out ;-)

As for remap, i was thinking because mine is UK spec... what do i need to do to get around 300bhp from the car?????

Its a big leap from its standard 225bhp (or round about) i know and it probably would be easier chucking all the import ECU etc on it but i dont want to go down that route!!!

I was hoping a better flowing panel filter, full decat exhaust system, bigger injectors and then a remap should pretty much touch that bhp with ease???

Sorry mate, been a bit hectic,

If your running a td04 trubo it won't hit much past 270 on a good day, so td05 or equivalent vf series turbo, cosworth panel filters are pretty good as non oiled so won't mess up the maf, check what colour your injectors are if they are grey you may want to go up to a 440cc injector which is yellow in colour if I'm right, if they are yellow or blue in colour you'll be fine

Awesome

Was thinking of a TD05 turbo if im honest because that could be changed along with the decat system

Other than that a set of yellow injectors and a panel filter from a cosworth impreza??? Will that fit?

Once i have all that done then obviously a good remap on a rolling road then enjoy? :-)

Sorry mate,I ment cosworth make filters for the classic shape inpreza, if your gonna do it i'd get everything ready and fit it the say before the map as the bigger injectors will be throwing the fueling out and will be a pig to drive,

• Like 2

Cheers guys, I think I am going to go with the Blue Cosworth because its gets a brilliant write up and seems to be recommended by you guys also.

Car is still running fantastic! gave it another blurt last night at 4am around the industrial estate my unit is on and she ran beautifully!!!

Its dry stored at the moment so I will get round to my other mods asap but probably after Christmas now because I am far too interested in my FireBlade build to be honest haha ^_^

• Like 1

hi peeps... thought I would just let you all know that the Scoob is running absolutely fantastic still :-)

safe to say that the power filter had obviously coated the MAF hot wire in crap & crud!!!

• Like 1