330s woe's

tommo5600

So I've had my hatch for just over a year now and love it, glad i went for the 330s just for the few extras and rarity.

However that said the satnav unit is pretty poor for a modern car. I don't want to think how much an update disc is for the nav side and the gauge info screen is more then pointless.

What i'd like to so is display some useful info on there like oil temp, boost, and Battery voltage etc. 

Does anyone know of any hacks that can be done to the unit, or how to trick it into thinking it's stationary so i can display a video input into it to display the data from an OBD reader. 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I did here of a trick for aftermarket head units where you just remove the ground that connects the head unit to the hand brake switch and ground it to the chassis, this fools it into thinking the hand brake is on all the time. As I said though this was for aftermarket units so not sure how it relates to a factory set up.

• Like 2

hi gents sorry for the late reply!

So ive had the disc a couple of weeks now but haven't used it much, it went in and after a short period (a minute or so) it worked, I can only assume its a install period. The roads are updated and there seems to be more POI's on it now but ive yet to test it against my tom tom app on route selection which is what i've really had issues with before.

Is it worth the £25? 100% as the old one was so out dated it was all but useless around most cities and especially over the stealer one as I hear they are £200 plus?!

If anyone has any other questions let me know, or if your in my area and want to borrow it for evaluation that's cool too.

• Like 1

I did here of a trick for aftermarket head units where you just remove the ground that connects the head unit to the hand brake switch and ground it to the chassis, this fools it into thinking the hand brake is on all the time. As I said though this was for aftermarket units so not sure how it relates to a factory set up.

yeah I have done that in the past on my old car but because of the inbuilt gps and the fact it knows when your moving not just if the handbrake in on i'm not sure it's going to be as simple.

Right - received disc and results are as follows (simple install as previously described) - not driven it yet but you can see some immediate visible differences

Before

IMG_8830_zps0svcyzmi.jpg

IMG_8831_zpsyr6z8ak7.jpg

After

IMG_8833_zpsw9nruscw.jpg

IMG_8832_zpsmwcxzixm.jpg

I will be interested in the logic behind the directions - on a journey to from east to west mids cutting down to M40 it constantly tried to correct you back onto the M42 via coventry then through center of Brum - hoping it will be a bit more intelligent in the routing options but we shall see.

Have checked for Nottingham area - its covered by big grey cloud :lol: ;)

I will be interested in the logic behind the directions - on a journey to from east to west mids cutting down to M40 it constantly tried to correct you back onto the M42 via coventry then through center of Brum - hoping it will be a bit more intelligent in the routing options but we shall see.

Have checked for Nottingham area - its covered by big grey cloud :lol: ;)

I done a trip from Salisbury to Northampton this weekend and have to say the route selection is not different it still seems to take you odd routes and the time calc on it is way off too :-(