FOG LIGHT SWITCHES - How to remove & Replace?

2002 Subaru Outback AWD.   How to do?

How do I remove the Fog Light Switch for the rear fog lights?   The front fog lights work perfectly; but the rear fog lights don't; we've tested the lights and they are OK, plus connections..   Must be a wire off the switch or maybe the switch itself?   How do I remove the switch without damaging it?

help and advise appreciated..

M

Are you sure they don't work? Some cars, the rear fogs wont come on unless the front fogs and/or headlights are on. If the switch has to come out, you'll have to remove half the centre console. The real tricky bit comes in getting to the 2 allen screws located hidden up within the ash tray area. Take the ashtray out completely, try and look up inside (behind the front panel, may need a mirror). There are 2 screws which need removing. After that, just clips around but also the connector for the ashtray light and the cigarette lighter need disconnecting.

Hi Greenmamba,

Thanks for the help; and the pdf loads OK.   Only the rear fog lights don't come on.   I'll have a look for those screws up where the ash-tray sits.    Your help appreciated..

M

• 3 months later...

Didn't need to remove the fog light switch;  the problem was just a small pin in the Tow Bar Electrics  stuck in.   Released the pin with a tweezers and the rear fog light work again.