WRX STI lights problem

Mick5994

Hi guys,

I've got a little issue...

I'm based in Germany and need to find Left Hand Drive Headlights for a WRX STI on an 11 plate so that I can drive legally in Germany whilst stationed there. Does anyone know where I can get some from and how quickly they can deliver?

Looking to pick the car up in September but only have a short period of time to get it sorted out once I get to Germany so want to go prepared.

Thanks for the help!!

Pete, the prices in Germany are extremely high for everything mate. Not even seen a WRX STI in Germany yet so very doubtful there would be any in the breakers. I'd also like to get them fitted in the UK so I can fully understand what they are talking about when it comes to a final bill, its amazing how much stuff you miss when they tell you in German and then print the receipt in German too.

Probably why its all so expensive...lol

Not allowed to use the beam benders as I'm actually living in Germany so have to go through British Forces Germany registration and pass their tests, a little more strict than MOT's but based on that test.

I'm actually out in Canada at the minute and only have a work computer that doesnt let you onto eBay so will have to have a good look once I get home next month.

Already got my eye on the WRX STI that I want, just hope its not snapped up before I get a chance to have  a look at it!!

As far as I'm' aware North American lights for all makes are slightly different to the European Spec, I looked into buying a Dodge Challenger and importing it but one of the major expenses with it was the difference in the light alignment. Apparently the American style does not have to be as accurate with the flow of light coming out of the front as opposed to the kick up to the right that you need for Europe or to the left that you need for UK.

Its why a lot of North Americans when up grading go for European lights for their chosen cars.

Thanks Miggs, I dont get back from Canada until 2nd September and if the car I'm after is still there it'll be mine within 7 days of my return.....having somewhere to then get the lights straight from would be a huge bonus.

Allright mate just checked the german eBay and it seems there is a few sets out there I used the eBay app and changed the preffered site to german and it came up with all sorts of model varients from classics to a 2011 shape hope this helps

• Like 2

Thanks for all your help guys, will be searching Ebay on my return.....wonder what else I can get????

Its a slippery slope once you start, but a hell of a slide ;)

i think german eBay is your best bet, what you want to search for is

impreza Scheinwerfer

(impreza headlight)

as stated they range from 100 to 500 dependant on what style you want or who you buy from