Hi just bought my first Impreza

31chael

Hi, 

Thanks @GeoffLeggy Yes I have a second de-cat for sale link here: 

Basically it will let out some more noise from the car and give you a performance boost. Simply unbolt your current cat and bolt this in place. I also have passed MOTs with this so no worries about emissions.

Thanks

Alex

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - love a hatch me :wub:

feel free to get stuck in post photos etc - a few hatch owners who have completed mods as members, food for thought. GMInsite may end up taking the one off his, had a few other bits for sale also

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 31chael said:

Thanks for the help peeps. @Xander what's do you mean by second de-cat? Lol. Is it a simple bolt on job? Is it a tight fit underneath for the change over? Lol

Hi,

There are 2 catalytic converters (cats) in the car one just after the turbo and one under the car. Removing these and replacing with pipe will take away the restriction coursed by the cats and allow the car to sound better and make more power. For best results you should get the car remapped but I felt a difference just having the second cat removed.

You need one 2 pass an MOT. Removing the second one under the car will still let you pass an MOT and improve the car.

The second cat is the one under the car and this is the one we remove and replace with the de-cat.

If you have axel stands or drive on ramps you should be able to fit the de-cat yourself but with all mods if your not confident or dont have tools needed it could be easier to get a local garage to do it for you.

To fit the decat you need to undo the bolts that hold the current cat in place and the screw in sensor. Then put the de-cat in its place and do the bolts up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 31chael said:

Ah I see didn't know there was 2 cats on them. Do you have a standard exhaust apart from that? I take it the Sti and wrx exhausts are the same? @Xander

I don't have a standard exhaust anymore but I did. 

The sti and wrx exhaust are the same until after the cat so this should fit on both the sti and wrx you can swap the exhausts from wrx to sti and the other way round as well. 

The wrx is single exit and the sti is twin exit. 

• Like 1