Indicator lens on door mirror

bear101

Hi , me again ..I just noticed that the clear lens on the bottom of my ns door mirror for the indicator has a hole in it . Does anybody know how if it can be replaced and if so how ? I didn't want to start prising it off to have it crack on me.  Thanks in advance .

I had the same problem and bought a simple stick on cover, you can't see it particularly and it seems weather resistant in the 5 months fitted.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/car-lens-repair-kit-clear-head-lamp-tail-light-indicator-new-car-pride-/171884745847?hash=item2805211477:g:gBIAAOxy4dNSrHHp    two quid and 10 mins well spent. I know it's not a proper repair but life is short. 

Thanks Alan , just ordered it so will try it next week . I managed to find some instructions on fitting a replacement , looks like you have to remove the glass first , could end up being expensive !!

Just a quick up date . Alan the clear plastic didn't work as the hole is on the curved part and the plastic doesn't bend . 

I got some good news and bad . The good is that the cover just pops off to reveal the two screws holding the indicator unit.  The bad is a new unit costs £87 from Subaru you can't just buy the clear lens .

I was wondering if any body knew of a Subaru breakers yard that I might be able to get a used one from ?

• 1 month later...

Remove the lens iff possible, and  slightly bevel the edges of the hole inside & out   & place/ stick  some stiff card over it.

On the inside pump some clear silicone sealant into it so it oozes through, then stick put some card or tape over it

Once it's gone hard,  remove the card, and cut the plug a teeny bit overflush both sides,

So you make a dumbell / T type shape

hole plugged

Mart

• 1 month later...