UK2T MAF/IDLE ISSUES +

UK2T

Hi People,

Thanks for the welcome..

1. Right I have a couple of issues with my UK2000 turbo its a 2000 reg car been running fine until one morning the idle went crazy followed by common stalling issue.

I diagnosed it myself by disconnecting the MAF sensor which made it drive semi-normal still rough but lacked boost etc common problem as you all know, I purchased a new sensor from fleabay (I know lol) was cheap at £27 fitted it went through the Battery off routine to reset ECU as new part fitted etc was not convinced it had reset so I went to the 2 plug option (Green/Black) still had problems with that the Check engine light did not appear when de-pressing the accelerator fully and then to the half throttle position when the key was at number 2 position but did start flashing after a minute or so of idle followed the routine of switching off and disconnecting plugs again. The car is still lumpy.. but the idle has cleaned up a bit not stalling.. but little too much fluctuation for my liking and hesitancy when under load 

I understand that the new ECU will be learning parameters again how long will this last?..couple of days? week?... If there are any members close or in Northampton/sixfields area that could take a look to check I have followed procedure correctly or missed anything out or any advice would be help-full I can meet also.

2. Also I have noticed slight oil from either sump or the gasket has anyone purchased one recently? seen a couple on fleabay around 60-70 etc any fitment problems/price/location info etc would be appreciated.

Hope everyone has a had a good day and to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Ben.

Hi.. 

Thanks for that..Wasn't sure whether it was an overnight fix or not.. 

Yeah I'll keep an ear open on here for someone hopefully sorts it's self out.. 

Regards 

Ben 

Regard to your oil leak, is it mainly the drivers side? Likely going to be a rocker cover. Recently done mine and it was a fairly easy drive-way job. Be careful with eBay as you may well have a version 6 which in Subaru's wisdom uses a v5 passenger side rocker gasket but v6 drivers side. I couldn't find a full kit on eBay but importcarparts.Co.UK stock all genuine Subaru parts.

Hi Ghost.. 

Thanks for that.. Tbf its kind of central where I noticed it earlier looks like it's running down from the top of the sump..which made me think the gasket?! . .  I was parked on slight de-cline though. I wiped the sump earlier and have parked on relatively neutral ground tonight so will check tomorrow and let u know which side it's favouring will hold off ordering sump for now then.. 

Regards

Ben 

The main reason I suggest it's drivers side rocker is that's the most common place to start leaking oil. It's caused by the exhaust being so close to the bottom of #3 area. Makes the gasket hot and becomes brittle over time.

I've added a picture of mine and you may be able to see where the oil is seeping. Have a look down there. If it gets worse or bad enough you'll get the burning oil smell as it drips on the exhaust manifold. 

IMAG0464.jpg

Thanks for that I have noticed very faint smell before now you mention it.  Will definitely check that area first.. Probably still on original gasket.. I'll get some pics tomorrow when I leave work hopefully will help diagnose.. 

Regards

Ben 

• Like 1