GC8 WRX starting problem

Tommy

Hey guys

So i replaced my fuel pump because there was a problem with it and when i was driving the car normally it was fine.

when i put my foot down the car would jerk as it it had run cut the fuel supply sometimes it would kick back in and be ok but other times the engine would cut and refuse to start for a few mins.

then after a while the fuel pump stopped whining when i put the ignition on so i changed the fuel pump thinking it had gone again but the car still doesn't want to start and the fuel pump doesn't make a sound...

any ideas....

Thanks 

Check the maf wires and try and get another one to try too, I paid £40 off eBay with a cone filter fitted, that's about the going rate for a used one, it needs to have the same colour label on it

I wondered why you 2 were on about the pump, I think I must have skipped a bit on the original post, I saw he'd replaced the pump and was still doing it, just read it again and you 2 seem to be making more sense lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...