Headlight restoration

bear101

Hi . I just finished restoring the headlights on my 2006 H6 . They were starting to go a bit cloudy and foggy so I thought I would try the 3m Headlight restoration kit .I have to say the results were amazing  , it's like having new headlights .I don't know whether the photos do it justice .

20160220_123222.jpg

20160220_130124.jpg

20160220_150915.jpg

• Like 1

I can definitely recommend the 3m product . I have also applied a UV blocking polish as I read that if you don't then it can start to fade again in the sun . Whenever it decides to show it's face again !!

I used toothpaste a sponge and a bit of elbow grease, came up a treat! I think it needs to be a bit gritty to cut through the oxidisation but essentially any sort of medium fine polishing compound should work really

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine tied some cotton to one of those silica bags you get in electronic items . Then took the cap off the back of the light where you change the bulbs , dropped it in with the cotton hanging out to retrieve it after a few days . It dried it out but you need to find out where the moisture is getting in . Check the cap is tight and turned shut all the way