New Scooby Doo owner :-)

Scooby Ste

Hello everyone, my name is Ste... im 25 from Merseyside and after previously owning a number of High performance road cars such as a 2001 Ford Puma 1.7 R, 1998 E36 BMW M3 3.2ltr, 1999 Land Rover V8 Discovery (Petrol), 1988 Jaguar XJ40 4ltr V12 and a 1995 Mitsubishi FTO 2ltr V6 Mivec (which I still own)... I have now got my sh*t together and purchased myself a very tidy 1998 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2ltr Turbo Estate and I must say... I am a very VERY happy boy!

I trundled through the internet and paper ad's etc and found this for £1400 ono! It has 103k miles with FULL Subaru dealership History from new to current mileage, every reciept for the car from new INCLUDING ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE IN 1998 FOR OVER £27k!!!, Every MOT and tax disc since the car has been on the road, the car has a Full Scorpion Stainless race exhaust system fitted, Bailey dump Valve, Copper/Gold Wheels with nearly new tyres (also got 4 spare gun metal Subaru wheels with the Car for free!), RMD suede racing steering wheel (original MOMO steering wheel included in sale also), Stage 1 race clutch, the car has absolutely NO rust or rot anywhere on the body or chassis... which is why i bought it and still managed to get him down to £1100 cash :D

In all honesty I was looking for a Mitsubishi EVO 4 but I could not justify the price of them which have been 'boy racer'd' also so I thought about getting the Estate because it is still big enough to take my 2 large dogs in the back and still got enough power to scare high spec German cars of today :D

So I must say I think I will keep this car for a long time now... especially now my missus wants it IF I get bored it ha-ha... big if!!!!

enjoy the pics and let me know what you think please

post-1218-0-12928400-1375650699_thumb.jp

post-1218-0-95568700-1375650708_thumb.jp

post-1218-0-63114100-1375650722_thumb.jp

post-1218-0-80877300-1375650729_thumb.jp

Hello mate welcome to S.O.C

Nice list of car's you have had/own :) And the Subaru look's very nice and clean. myself not over stuck on the alloys think I would put the other set on if the tyres are good but I do like the black and silver look with the silver car's :D But would say you have a bargain there and you wait until the snow comes you will be like  :D  :D  :D Mind you I still get a smile driving mine ;)

And I had the pleasure of a borrowed evo 4 good car's very quick as you would expect but the Subaru for me just seem to be a better car for daily/weekly use and I I love the sound of the Imp more. And the Subaru community seem's to be a lot better. Well I say that depends where you go on the net :)

• Like 1

Well done indeed on that mate, proper bargain, welcome to the forum, this is by far the friendliest subie forum around, I'm not keen on the colour of the wheels but if your happy then that's all that matters

• Like 1

haha my wife says the same about the wheels but there is a really bad chav lad flying round in a N/A saloon model with big spoiler and a dent in pretty much every panel with the dark alloys also... so i think mine is a bit 'in your face' when i see him hahahahaha... i must say i do like the copper/gold alloys myself but saying that i am a bit wierd! i must be the only person in the world who has a Suzuki TL1000S and a Suzuki DR350 in the garage and enjoy riding the 350 more!!! hahaha

but thank you for the very warm welcome :D

Ohhh few fellow bikers here too. I class myself as one but hung up my gloves at an early age after a YZ500 crash :) But still love bikes but I can only have one toy at a time at the minute :( 

So you off to do any other mods to the car then to match with the alloys. You never know could change our minds and help us see the inner beauty.... Bit like 10 pints and a fat lady ;) 

• Like 1

gutted man... yeah ive had a few spills! not my fault though, smashed my first TL1000S on diesel middle of the night and only 2 weeks before i got married ha-ha, then got knocked off a CB500 at work (im a motorcycle mechanic by trade... now self employed though!) by an old man who admitted to to joining a roundabout at 60mph whilst I was already on it and plowed straight in to the side of me... not good :(

since then i have done 6 months for a 3 hour police chase on my old and now sold 1992 Honda CBR900RR-N Fireblade ( Classic ;) ) but thats a funny convo for another day

so im on to my 3rd TL1000S now... cant help myself... fantastic machine!!!!!

anyway the Scoobaru... I have absolutely no idea what to do to it? i was thinking in the winter of taking it off the road and just stick to using Arnie (my black Merc Vito) whilst i get the heads off the car and get them port polished and maybe skimmed only by 10,000 of a millimeter for a little higher compression... NO MORE!!! because i dont want to put too much pressure on the starter motor!!!! maybe shove a bigger turbo on from a 2.2ltr? I know it will take the very slightest bit more effort to get it spooled up with the slightly smaller 2ltr motor but im sure with the skiimed heads and polished ports then it should/hopefully have enough kick to get it going :D

but at the moment this is all just words and thoughts in the future pipeline... but any advice on how to get some good torque out of it would be considered and well appreciated :D

• Like 2

The YZ500 crash I had wasn't my fault either my mate fitted a kill switch that snapped on me when the throttle stuck full on I tried everything you could think of to stop the bike, so thought I would just chuck myself off the back of it just as I was about to the same mate that made this kill switch that failed, rode out in front of me sending me up in the air above them both. This was on a Sunday I had just left school and was starting my plumbing apprenticeship on the Monday :D they was the day's I was only going for a 20min ride so had no gear on ;)  

And yeah the old boy on the round about geez scary stuff. I had a 7 half ton lorry do that to me the other day while he was texting funny enough not at 60mph. But as soon as I could I shot passed him with my finger out the window until he couldn't see me anymore :lol:  

And the list of things to do to the car sound good I would use it to have a quick play in the snow before I started the work but depends on time I guess :)

• Like 1

thanks

ahhh Gambit... you see!!! if i had a pound for every accident i have seen and heard about 'just going down the road and back' or 'round the block' or 'the shop'... i would be a very rich man!!!!! i can honestly say i am innocent of that crime and always wear my bike gear... if its too hot then breathable bike gear!!! no excuses for me!!!!!!

even when it comes to driving i wear my seatbelt before moving off and never use my phone etc

i love to ride my bike and drive my cars and vans... there for i dont like distractions! haha

but yeah i think i will postpone my mods until next year :D

What can I say in my defence. Begged by friends to say bye before I left and being so ***** sure I was Iron man I couldn't be hurt....Yes I felt confidant ;) It was bound to happen :) And I agree I wouldn't ride now without the right gear on, I still see fool's on CBR's and R1's hmmmmm R1 ;) wearing noting more then a helmet and t-shirt with jeans. I would hate to think what the big grey flesh grater would do if they came off with them clothes on :( 

And funny enough I have of late been bad for the seat belt too driving off while putting it on I said about that to the Missus I should stop it :) 

Anyway back to what's fun I love summer never want it to end. But the snow in the scoob it's ace. That's all I have to say :D

• Like 1

Yes I think i will definitely leave it until next year then... I am happy with the car as is but obviously everyone fancies a little bit more :P

I do however need a new/second hand set of rear shocks as it is like a pogo stick ha-ha... any ideas where i can get some for a good price which are useable and not leaking or just as bad?

Im also going to service it so what oil would you guys recommend for my car? just a normal 10w/40 semi synth car oil or do these engines need specific?

I use 10/40 fully synthetic named brand all year round some people use other types for winter and summer, and everyone has there own choice but it's around the 5/30 to 10/50 mark I see most people use but I think about the age of cars to :) But as Pete said Tim/Oilman he's on the forums will give you some great advise. Only thing I would add is don't use Semi synthetic and check the oil midway before the next change is due I always find I have to give it a top up of oil before I'm due a change oil and filter again. As for the shocks there is a list of breakers on the forum you could try or eBay for being cheapest places :) But both a bit of a gamble :(

• Like 1