Sound when accelerating

WillL

Interested to hear from the other 2 BRZ owners in this forum. :cool:

I've had my car for about 3 months now and I can't remember if this sound has always been there or started after a couple of weeks of ownership. Basically, when accelerating in lower gears I hear a kind of "pinking" or possibly rattling alongside the "vroom" normal acceleration sound. This sound doesn't accompany flat out acceleration, just what I would call normal acceleration through the gears. I think it is there in the higher gears but more difficult to distinguish due to engine noise.

When my wife and son have been passengers they have not heard the sound so it seems to be something you can only hear from the driver's side. I have taken the car back to the dealership where it was bought from and they took the car out and couldn't hear the sound. I've also taken the car to another dealership for a 2nd opinion (I won't say who they are but they were pretty useless, the guy who drove my car admitted he had only seen one BRZ previously) and given his massive experience of the BRZ said he couldn't hear anything unexpected.

I'm going back to the dealer I bought from last week as they have another BRZ I can test to see if I hear the same sound, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

• 2 weeks later...