Newbie from colchester

Hi guys

im ash from colchester, currently looking to buy my first subaru although im debating whether to get the wrx or sti. Im normally into my hondas had an all motor h2b civic eg, which did put a couple of subarus to shame actually. Anyway enough of me blabbering on. Hope to enjoy it on here and get involved.

ash

Wotcha and welcome - feel free to get involved and keep us posted as to progress - what is your budget as there is a great WRX hatch for sale at the moment from member GMInsights

Hi n welcome .

Budget and what you want to do with it are probably the first things you need to decide .

If you just want to buy a standard car and remap it too just under 300hp on a tighter budget wrx is probably the way to go . You can always add the extra bits to increase it's performance afterwards .

If you've got a bit more cash to buy the base car and want to chase ponies straight away ,newage sti is probably a better choice . Due to bigger standard turbos and stronger 6 speed box .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Hi guys im looking at spending about £6-7k. I was thinking about going for a wrx but to put the money into it and not make as much as it would if i went for an sti. But then saying that i could get a wrx get a feel for it then do an engine swap at a later date (few months down the line that is lol).

i spoke to a company about what was the best way to go with it all he said was get the bug eyed jdm spec as they can handle over 400 as it has a gorged bottom end compared to the UK. Is there many wrx making some good power, im looking to be using it as a daily but still want it to have some decent power in it you know

There are some big power WRX's however the STI is more than the engine power - dependant on year it can be larger wheel bearings and mounts of alloy not steel, six speed close ratio box, different brakes.

The JDM bug is good advice but tune / rebuild the existing engine instead of going for a complete engine change then you have a known baseline

Cheers for getting back, ive been speaking to scoobie clinic and they been suggesting to go with an sti been very helpful, although my bugdet is £3.5k on getting a motor as my compensation hasnt came through yet. So looks like i got to find a half decent wrx. Just to get the feel of it and then can always upgrade at a later date.