Track day Pads

MJP02

So the main reason to buy the wrx was to get back into track days, now I fitted new grooved EBC disc's all round and standard Minext pads. I already get fade with aggressive road use, does anyone have any recommendations for pads that perform alot better and dont require track day heat in them for them to work on normal driving?

I found the tarox / mintex combo years ago spot on - have you replaced the brake fluid and fitted braided hoses?

Also I used black diamond pads in past and would use them again - didnt wear anywhere near as fast as the mintex

I have not done the hoses yet, but flushed through with dot 5.1 when I fitted new callipers. 

Really don't mind high wear as long as they do the best job track and road combined, cost isn't an issue now so recommend the best

So I've just gone through this search very recently and came up with the following EBC BlueStuff NDX, PFC Z rated pads and Ferodo DS2500. I've used DS2500 on my S2000 and they were good on the road but only did one wet track day with them on. After reading quite a few good reviews (see later) I went with the EBC BlueStuff NDX. Although I've had them fitted for a while to bed them in, plenty of time before driving day, I'm not convinced they are right yet. After further online searches I found quite a few people saying they take a lot to bed in and some who just give up. With this concern in mind I bought another set of PFC Z rated pads which got a lot more good reviews than bad. My recommendations based on research and some experience now would be 1st PFC Z, Ferodo DS2500 and then EBC Blue NDX in that order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk