Potential (99%) WRX STI owner

No you call the police & tracking company, the old bill used to have on board receivers on there traffic cars, which when the Tracker was active it would 'ping' out a signal to what ever was listening, it would get stronger and quicker the closer the receiving vehicle got to it,

The technology has moved on a lot in the last few years so could have changed ie GPS etc,

All of it is irrelevant unless you've registered your car with the tracking company and paid the yearly subscription to them,

Or if it's stuffed in a container with a load of lead on to making its way to Africa

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, dgarside said:

Yeah as above yearly fee with the tracking company. I have mine covered for peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is it a year if you don't mind me asking? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Today coming back from work, I passed one of the small car dealers. And they just brought in 2014 STI blue with tinted windows. I had couple of heart attacks and nearly crashed when I saw it. It looks mean. Masons Motor the name of the dealer. 6k miles clocked. 23k. This I think will be my back up if they refuse me finance for brand new one.

But yeah, it looked absolutely awesome. Only couple of weeks to go till I make contact with subaru dealer :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give an update, made initial contact with Subaru. Website confused me and I requested a call back from Subaru UK. They called me back in half an hour before their work hours. Well impressed with that even though I expected a call from Kingshams Subaru. So went back and requested a phone call from Kingshams, now waiting for call back. Hopefully this Saturday/Sunday will have a meet up and progress the matter further.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more updates.

Had few meetings with Kingshams sales team. Getting a bit intimidated by RB320 parked in the middle of the show room :D but getting back to the point. Just paid deposit for 2017 still WR Perl Blue. Sales is hoping it will arrive by the end of September, as all the slots are already taken for that period. So kinda excited and also reserved in case the delivery gets delayed. At that point I will just probably go to another dealer to grab whatever is available.

So yeah, also was surprised that Subaru uses white as their default color, and if you want iconic blue you have to pay for it.

I was given an option booklet and they have those golden imola wheels which look oh sooooo goooood. But still went for just blue color and everything else standard.

Also been introduced to paint protection package, can't remember the name of it at the moment. Is it worth considering? I heard some stories about Subaru's paint being worse than other manufacturers.

So yeah, this is an update, so now will be waiting for couple of months :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats...a few sleepless nights ahead :)

When I looked into paint protection general consensus was that you could get it done a hell of a lot cheaper privately than going through the dealer. So I decided to go that route...but then didn't get it done 🙄[emoji15].

20 hours ago, JusNoGood said:

Congrats...a few sleepless nights ahead :)

When I looked into paint protection general consensus was that you could get it done a hell of a lot cheaper privately than going through the dealer. So I decided to go that route...but then didn't get it done 🙄emoji15.png.

Yeah sleepless nights for sure :D I'm already dreaming of some nightmares :D Either way, times flies for me however I look at it. It seems just yesterday I contacted them, and it is already mid of July. Good thing is when I'm at work, I tend to forget about it.

Regarding the ceramic pain protection, I am leaning towards doing it with the dealer as it saves quite a bit of hassle. Depending on the price, obviously :D

• 1 month later...

So a bit of an update, or lack of. I'm in this sleepless nights and pure depression period right now :D This is the month, I am supposed to receive a call. All the things from my side are done, just need to receive a phone call and finally get rid of that Scirocco.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to warn you in advance: I am not photogenic, and Keith (Kinghams owner) insisted on taking photo with me in it :D

Here goes: 

2016-09-22_07-17-22

I did not take a picture of other side, it had a sticker on the window saying: Made in Japan :D All the financial things regarding this car are sorted. Picking it up next week. A bit angry at myself that I did not order with those sick Imola (I think it was Imola) wheels. But its ok. I already have a lot of plans on visual things. Even bought front grill Impreza badge from Japan. In my opinion it looks very nice on this car.

I cannot believe how different my mind set is compared when I bought my Scirocco 2 years ago. Back then it was: yeah, car, tide me over for couple of years.

This time, loads of plans and I know that most of the stuff I'll do to it will be easy done, since there is so much info on the modding of this car.

Cannot wait: https://flic.kr/p/MrqzQ3

I know I will j*zz my pants when I hear it started for first time :D

P.S. I will create new thread somewhere more appropriate in this forum once I start fiddling with it ;)

• Like 1