RPM Hesitation

Petrolhead159

hi guys,

recently bought a 2006 Legacy 2.0RE, drove it home 90miles & did a few little journeys with no problems, nice & smooth & pulls nicely through the revs.

it went in to have drive belts, cam belt, water pump & spark plugs yesterday, drove home & back to work again fine this morning.
had to do a hospital run today for a family member & on the way home it has started to hesitate at 2k-2.5k rpm, do you think this is new plug breaking down?

got my code reader on it & nothing is flagging up.

thanks in advance.

My 2010 Impreza 2.0rx does that at the same rev range, anything over 3500 is spot on. Found changing to super unleaded stopped that problem but don't know what causes it. Subaru recommends normal unleaded for my car but it seems to respond and perform better and smoother on super 

thanks for your reply, I'm currently running higher grade unleaded with a fuel system cleaner in this tank, almost time to fill up again.
I'm guessing it isn't right as its just started doing it.
will get it back to the garage & see what they say, hoping its a bad/wrong temperature plug or the timing sightly out.

which cleaner are you using? i put redex through and it made no improvement and i noticed the hesitation more with it. might just be me though only had the car since feb. going to get a full service and new plugs etc in next couple month see what happens then

it is a STP full fuel system cleaner, its one i always use, never get on too well with Redex myself.

I am not driving it until i talk to the garage, i will keep you posted but i have a feeling its a plug, either gapped wrong, a new one failing or wrong temperature.

taken my car out today, started with a local trip then took it further with sitting in traffic etc, all seems to be good, no hesitation.

still going to talk to my garage just to see what they used.

im sure i had a similar issue with my legacy not long after i bought it. Martin (Sheffield Subaru Service) had it fixed with a Pack file update. - I've no idea what that is though haha.

Maybe worth checking with a local subaru dealer for any updates?

• Like 1