Exhaust

voguev8

Hi, Previously owned a turbo S, now have just purchased a 2.0 XT. Great car, but I need a new exhaust back box. Checked on eBay etc but the 2.0 XT does not

seem to exist on there drop down box only 2.5XT or turbo S. My car is a 2003. Does anyone know what exhaust will fit. I may go the sports route but again nothing listed. Thanks

As said sf turbo is option also 2.5 sg exhaust or best option is decent stainless backbox from powerflow.

2.5 (xt) rear boxes are cheapest at around £50-60 . check pipe diameters prior to ordering anything.

Powerflow box would be nice job & done for life & being custom you got control on noise & tail finish, cost about £140ish from previous stuff we had done but it stainless & better quality/design internally as well .

Hi - Did a service today but could not get the oil filter off ( So take to a garage tomorrow ). Noticed the back box is very bad so need to get exhaust soon.

I sent 4 emails and tried to call a number of companies advertising on ebay/ performance exhaust suppliers but either no response or a nothing for Foresters, the only company that did come back to me was in the Midlands and they wanted to see the car to make up the exhaust in situ ( 150 miles each way so not really a option) . No reply to my Powerflow email and tried to call but no answer to the phone.

Any other thoughts. I did not think it would be so hard to get a exhaust box.

Thanks

Hi I live in Weymouth Dorset. I did call Powerflow again (different branch) and they quoted me £190 plus tail pipe (so will be around £230-£260) this is only for the back box

Seems pricy we've had members here get full systems done for 400

Trying to think who down your way would be able help, you could always give Sean whiffin a call he runs subaru forester parts in London, could be more help than me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would look into the 2.5 rear box. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Forester-2-5-04-05-Rear-Exhaust-Silencer-Back-Box-/311561001007

get seller supply OD of pipe to box & tailpipe .

90% sure they will fit. Also try powerflow again & perhaps call in local centre, rear box easy do on Fozzy & with vat should be no more than £178 for basic decent backbox made up .