siezed brake tips

charleseaton1

Hi all just seeing if anyone has any tips to get the locking and sliding pin out of the housing they are siezed dont move or pop out i have new ones just a bit stuck on removing these they are single pot calipers if that helps

Well done. Know someone with a car like yours, she took it to a small garage because of slight noise from the brakes. The guy at the garage called to say he broke something, so I drove over to see what happened. Be broke the bolts.... Then said I needed to get the bracket... When I went to the other side.... Oh he broke them too!!! So had to get two calliper so he could swap the bits.

even then... He used an impact drill/hammer etc without heating etc beforehand! I managed to convince him to tap it with a hammer though....

...so anyway, guess she has two callipers to sell minus the bits you are holding in the picture! Looking at my last post... Got autocorrect interference!

*also remembered to add spoke to someone who doesn't recommend heating that part... But if you have nothing to heat up or is heat sensitive, there is a freeze spray you can use which does the same thing but the other way round, also does a good job cleaning. Although I don't know what it's like with rubber parts

I didnt heat it too much as i didnt want it to go brittle just plenty of wd40inside and a litttle heat and some force sorted it. Both bottom pins on both sides was siezed but thought may aswel change top ones too and piston seals while brakes was apart. I thought about uprating the brakes to 4pot calipers but then changed my mind, as in all fairness it dont need them it stops good enough with these ones now. Trying to keep it all standard being a special but i need power lol