Muffler delete axle back only

Hello. My car is booked in for a muffler delete tomorrow on my 2012 Subaru Wrx Sti type UK saloon I'm doing axle back only  . I'm a bit concerned about something I read on the forums . One of the  posters said that if you install a bigger down pipe it reduces back pressure makes the engine work harder and may cause ringland failure. What you saying fellas. 

On a turbo car removing the downpipe helps the engine breathe quicker. Lower back pressure could have it's downsides being that everything can move quick and with more force. It's a fine line between power modification and every day reliability.

If you are only having a rear box put on it will have little influence to how the engine runs.

Seen this done to a 2016 sti last Saturday, it was stupidly loud. was at scooby clinic and their opinion was that due to 0 back pressure this would actually reduce the performance.

It's only going to come down to noise.  If your keeping the rest stock ie cats then no worries about back pressure and even then it's an interesting debate :argue:

Ok mines not a 2.5 but ran full decats and only a relative small back box for a good time with no issue.  I still run decat and only small back box on secondary. 

Don't really want to spend  £450 and end up with reduced power. May leave as is. I think the quad tail pipes are too tucked away they needed to be more level with the rear bumper. 

There's not going to be any power loss.  The only thing will be the change in tone/noise.  £450 is a lot of money though! I'd expect for that money you'd easily get dual back boxes and choice of tails.  Who's quoting? 

If they are just cutting and running straight pipes for that money forget it.  I got my Jag back box deletes from rear axle done for £170!  If it include some sports boxes then ok but still on upper limit! 

We need to clear up what section of exhaust you are getting done. Axle back suggest just the rear section which will make relatively no difference to power and may give you a louder car. Also will have no impact on back pressure. Cat back would suggest a centre section and rear section leaving the standard downpipe and cat in place. That will give you much more noise, small power gain but again little to no difference on back pressure. turbo back is basically the full exhaust system and having no cat in the downpipe will give a large power gain, take away a lot of back pressure and depending on boxes in the centre and rear will make it much noisier. If you are having a full system with no cat in the downpipe it will need to be mapped. For centre and rear box changes mapping is not essential.

Thank you for your help putting my mind at ease. I'm considering buying the same car 2012 Subaru Wrx Sti saloon it only has 22000 miles on it mine has 58000 this one is in white mine is plasma blue. Can't help but feel paranoid about how it's been looked after 3 Subaru stamps 1 from Vauxhall???? And 1 from the dealer itself JCT600 Price Right in Leeds. Ringland issues and all that bugging me fellas.