Timing pulled after remap

Piggysniffer

Tesco 99 mate, my car has never pulled timing in high load areas like it is now, all my troubles were at or under 1 g/rev and at or under 2500rpm, I'm thinking that over 4 degrees at high load and rpm is dangerous

Yes, in that particular instance it was pretty much undriveable, had to reset ecu to get it going again, I just don't think I should be getting this after a remap, it has more power than it did before but is pulling much more timing and dropping the IAM on a regular basis, it seems to be a bit better than it was when it did the -9 and zero IAM,  is it something that will work its way out or does it need to be looked at

Was it remapped on a dyno and have you got any graphs of afr , boost ect ?

Not that I know much about mapping but those bingo cards you keep posting make no sense to me at all lol .

Did whoever mapped it tweek if on the road at different throttle positions and in different gears ?

As i know this helps with the tps info and fine fuel trim/economy .

I'd email whoever mapped it a pic of your bingo cards and list the symptoms but I leave my mapping to Clive attowe and don't know enough to tweek things myself.

Maybe "Jay " or someone who went on the esl mapping courses could help ?

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

Assuming that it's a tdo4 turbo, other than hitting 1.2 bar a bit later than I'd expect (pending on supporting mods ) and the afr being a bit rich under 3k .The curves look smooth and it's making good power .

I had a similar issue when jgm mapped my uk turbo with esl . It ran fine while plugged into his laptop but seemed to be a bit under powered and idled funny after a few days .

We think it was either my noisy forged pistons making the knock seem exessive (ecu pulling timing and adding fuel) or his esl data lead was faulty so I ended up running the fuelling off the high boost map and the boost off the low boost map .

Both were posible as when he tried a new lead and re flashed the high boost map back on it ran fine without the lap top plugged in . He also raised the knock levels to compensate for the noisy when cold pistons and the only issue I had was the gearbox went bang 3 days later lol .

Sorry I can't be much help cos I'm no subaru guru and can only offer advice or opinions on what I've personally experienced.

Best of luck with this bud

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Now this makes sense, when I got the car it had a busted piston, so I removed said piston, honed bore enough to take small scratches out, put second hand piston and rings back in as a cheap fix/try,  bore clearance was a bit bigger (still has good leak down and comp test on that cylinder) so have a little bit of slap when weathers and engine are cold, I assume that's what all my low level knock readings were, but they were all low level, after the tune I am getting knock everywhere as you can see, I asked for the knock level to be raised to take away the low stuff, and was pretty much told no but I could put a fibre washer under the sensor to deafen it a bit instead, now if I do that and it deafens the sensir to the high level high load knock it is now getting in sure my engine is gonna grenade itself, really not sure how to go forward with this, I dont really want to go getting the hump with anyone over it as it may very well turn out to be something other than the map, but I am not happy at this moment in time tbh