What do I buy

BIGD

What about an XV 2.0d and theres a company that can up the power to 198 bhp and 400 NM Torque just with a re-map.

If you go over 180 bhp you need a different DPF though, but the torque on my standard 2.0D makes it feel friskier than my Leggy 2.5GX. and you'll probably still get 40+ mpg too lol 

• Like 1

I agree bout the diesel, I've always been a petrol head, but the figures stack up in its favour when you compare with the 2.0 pet XV - not enough power and no torque !

It will take me a while to get used to driving the diesel, but it really can shift 50-70 mph and from the lights, not that I'm pushing a new engine too hard.

I had a 2.0 turbo Leggy it produced about 200BHP, not as much as a Blobeye  but fun all the same. I remember how pedestrian it was until the engine hit three thousand revs, then with a vortex of turbo noise it came alive.

I can tell you for a fact the XV really pulls inextricably well from 1500 rpm which isn't much over an idle, and in standard form with 350 NM of Torque lol.

However it will never sound as beautiful as the burble of the older petrol motors! But averaging 47 mpg on my daily commute with a great infotainment system, working through Mirrorlink or Starlink easily overcomes the lacking burble.

The Diesel XV's a real sleeper. I hope they put a 2.5 turbo in one for fun :-) and the Aussies have built a 2.0D rally Legacy which seems to be doing quite well.

Chris

• Like 1

looks to have a good amount of history on that one mate - worth a look I'd say based on what we know up to this point - think I advised that on another thread you have up and running lol :biggrin:

Nice low mileage too with recent cambelt suggested is all positive too - right colour as well of course :)

• Like 1