info

pat1977

hi everyone am new to the scooby seen,am getting my first scooby after chritmas and i cant wait.

can you help me with some info so i know what to look out for,and can you let me know what the reliability of them please.

am looking at getting a 2000 wrx to a 2004 wrx

thanks for your help

pat

Hello and welcome to the club i'm fairly new to the scoobs aswell but from what i've read and what other members say is make sure its had cam belt, tensioners and water pump done, check for rust around rear arches and strut turrets and the 2ltr engines seem to be pretty bomb proof and puts up with alot of punishment also low mileage does't necessarily mean itl be any better than a higher mileage one it all depends on how its been treated if you have any concerns just walk away theres always plenty more out there :biggrin:

• Like 1

thanx stuartie

i knew about the arches but taking in what else you said,i know what to look out for now.

ive been wanting one for a while,and my partner told me after christmas we will get one.

which is made me and the kids happy lol

• Like 1

Glad to of been of some help bud, my kids love it but my scoob is just a toy for the weekends and all i ever get from the wee man is are we taking the scooby, can we get the scooby out haha he's raging just now though coz thats it been tucked away for the winter 

• Like 1

hi stuartie

my kids cant wait for me to get one,mind you am they same lol.dont you use it in winter ,thought you might like abit of winter fun.

thats another reason i want one is the awd system,i dont want a 4x4 tank lol but need to go up abit of a hill to my house.

and when it snows i sometimes have trouble getting up the street,but the biggest reason for having one is its a scooby ya got to love them hahahaha.

hope you had a good day and thanx for the info and the chat mate

• Like 1

Your welcome pal. Aye the reason its tucked away for winter is because of the amount of salt they chuck on the roads here in the scottish borders is unreal the roads are pure white with it from november until the end of march and even though i've undersealed it all still don't fancy having to get new rear arches and stuff because the salt gets into everything also gives me time to save up for parts for the scoob winter is a busy time for me on standby to go out fixing the horrible gritters so in a way its kinda my fault theres so much grit on the roads haha :biggrin:

• Like 1