Help needed car won't start

Swino

I had a issue with non starting as mine stalled when being drove off the dyno last week . I was stumped as to why it would turn over but no dash lights or power to the ecu .

Luckily enough my mapper is a auto electrician and once I'd removed some plastic trim ,he soon found a alarm in line fuse holder with a blown fuse .

Just thought I'd mention it as it puzzled me how with the alarm off, it turned over but had no dash lights or attempts at firing up .

Looks like you'll have to get a multi meter and do a continuity test on a few of the ecu pins to see if you can track down a break in a circuit.

"Ken gilbert" site has some pdf manuals that you can download with a few electrical "checks" you can do .

Do you have a spare key? When swapping ignition barrels round for my friend but didn't swap the chips round yet, she had to hold her old key next to the black ring that goes round the metal key hole bit for a second, then use the new key to start the car.

If she didn't do it properly, it will fire up for 1 second and then die (with check engine flashing)

If you got a spare key maybe try using that with your fingers crossed incase something happened to the chip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey matey, 

I know your having strife with your subie, 

since youve tried spark, fuel, timing , compression? And etc

Check out your airflow meter, I've had dramas in the past like this. other than doing motor conversions with different timing marks on the crank and cam sprockets. 

Edit, also since you've cranked the crap outa your subie, clean up your O2 sensor 

Hi mate thanks for your advice I don't use airflow meter with my ecu it's been deleted and users map sensor instead I will get the 02 sensor out and cleaned up going to strip down the top of the engine 2moz and clean all connection make sure everything in connected put in a new set of plugs and give it one more try the old plugs were covered in fuel and checked each plug and each coil out the engine all sparking as they should so don't under stand how it's not starting up but new ones might give a better spark will have to see hopefully I can come back on here with good news been over a week now and I miss driving it

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Well good news guy she's alive again not sure how I fixed it all I did was put new plugs in and she fired straight up all the old plugs were sparking so don't understand but it's works it's good to hear the flat 4 again :) thanks for everyone's help

• Like 2

I think if anything like this happens again spark plugs will be 1st thing to get changed wasn't even that bad about an hour start to finish now to finish fitting my wide arches only got the front done then this happens so they got forgot about

Could be too big a gap on old plugs and just doesn't like the cold?

Anyway glad you got it sorted, would hate to have a Subaru sitting outside just as the cold weather is coming!

If you crank it loads and flood it then if yours is the same as mine, can just pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it, or tow it in gear with the key in to turn off steering lock but ignition off