Boost Gauge Issues

Hi All, I fitted the boost gauge a while ago and am having some issues :(

IMG_0371_zpsd67db467.jpg

I 1st connect the boost gauge vacuum hose to the pipe with the red arrow ( comes from the rear top of the manifold) This worked and was giving 1 bar boost. However I noticed that when the car was under boost the needle would read 0 bar and the needle would only indicate a value as you came off boost. So the needle flickered up and down and you go on and off Boost. Hope that makes sense.

Wasn't happy with that and it was suggested connecting at the location with the Blue arrow.

I fitted it between the manifold and the black plastic thingy and the gauge didn’t give a value at all???

So I moved it to the Yellow arrow and this gave me a negative value and the boost gauge was reading as a minus figure.

I have now removed the boost gauge plumbing and am thinking of fitting it at the green arrow Recirc Valve, but don't have enough vacuum hose to do this at the mo.

Where should I be fitting it? all 3 points I have used so far have all given me issues :(

Both boost gauges I've had I had on the blue arrow with no problems. 1st one was mechanical. and now I'm on the electrical evo series. Strange that all 3 have been a problem :( 

Pete's is electrical too Jay 

Oh you did it that way I was lazy and have the sender behind the dash too with the vacuum hose going through ;) mainly because of the old clock. I would maybe check the wiring again just as a last ditched attempt. It's weird that you have had different problems with all 3 pipes you would think it would just be the same problem.

And Jay sneaks in there again ;) I will go with Great minds here I think :) 

Polarity is fine as it did work from the start and seemed fine if I was in i drive, when ever I went to S or S# the needle would stay at zero untill you came off boost then it would flick up to the value. hopefully the green arrow will solve all probs.

Just guessing maybe the company didn't like the look of you ;)

But I'm sure one of my old gauges did it like that but was along time ago now I might just be visually think about how it would look :D

ok so does it work fine in all 3 (green blue etc) positions or just one place when in i mode if so which one?

my next question after is going to be where you took the supply from - did you put in a designated feed with its own fuse etc or have you taken a pick up from the loom behind dash?

The electrics are wired into the loom at the radio using the ic connector. There's only +,- illumination and ignition. The gauge works ok in i mode connected at the red arrow, however it peaked at 1bar then only registered .5 after that. In s and s# the gauge stayed at 0 under boost then when you came off the gas it flicked up to 1 bar.

Blue which has been suggested didn't give any readings at all.

Yellow was showing a negative value and the needle moved down under boost.

Haven't tried the green yet, not enough hose to hand.

I am going to try the blue again as it seems most people say this is the correct place.

Sorted :) it have connected it at the blue arrow coming from the manifold into the filter thingy. It's now reads negative pressure and boost. Interestingly the i drive gives .5bar, S is 1bar and S# is 1.4bar. Don't know what I did wrong the 1st time except it was on the right hand connector of the filter before the manifold, and this must have been the problem. Cheers for the advice.

thats great to hear - any chance of a final photo showing exactly how you have it plumbed in??

the engineer in me now wants to know why it doesn't work at the other places and why it didn't work the first time it was connected at the blue point - will have a tinker when I get my own B)