Forester 2.0xt

Zack12

Hi 

new to subarus and to the forum. I've just been searching for ways to get a little more power out of the forester and continuously keep coming across sti mods. This seems a great idea and cost effective but when I do my research they seem to only allow for 2.5 engines, I have a 2.0 2004 does that mean I can't use any sti engine parts on my car?

Hello & welcime

You'll be able to use just about anything that will fit the same year impreza, apart from the suspension and exhaust back box is its a different length.

With a filter sports cat & map you should see nearly 300bhp

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just what I wanted to hear, I'm sure the suspension can be swapped as well though. Anyway the reason for asking about the sti engine mods is that I read after fitting intercooler, catless downpipe and turbo all from an sti you can also fit an 04 sti ecu which should run it up to a decent bhp. All that cost roughly less than a good remap alone making it a rather exciting idea

If swapping the suspension you'll either have to get some 'saggy butt spacers' or a different rate spring at the rear as ours weigh around 60kg heavier at the rear,

Not sure if yours will have a vf series turbo on or a td04 if it's a tdo4 you will max it out around 270-280.

What I would say is your going to put a different ecu in you'll need to check what injectors you have in,

The engines are pretty tough I've seen People swap ecu's an the cars run ok but I've also seen them run terrible, if you did go down this route I'd seriously consider a power run on a dyno to check it's all running ok,

A decent map will save you money in the long run make it more effecient and depending on the software you could have two maps one for economy/long trips and one for maximum attack

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk