Is it feasable to put a standard back on a stainless system

it depends on the system, some have a different diameter bore in which case you could get a joining sleeve made up, also you would need to check alignment of the system to back box - it is certainly not out of the question though.

What make is the exhaust as there are stainless options out there which don't have a high volume - Prodrive for instance make a sports stainless backbox which is not too loud

I dont know the name of it but will check shortly, I also dont like the size of the end of it, it's to big for my liking, I thought of putting the car back to standard, ie taking the fic, cone, exhaust the lot, off

If you did that may need a remap aswell as all the standard bits, still if you sold all the bits you'd make a decent profit, however swapping out the FMIC for a top mount is a lot work and a lot of bits. I wouldn't bother tbh, just swap the back box 1st get a remap and see how it goes before stripping the rest.

I ran a full decat and big bore exhaust, on my 95 WRX, I swapped the back box for a Prodrive ppp back box and it was fine like that, a lot quiter and more sociable both inside and outside of the car :)

• Like 1

Why would taking the fic off be alot of work, it's only bolts and pipes, and the same putting the top one on

I'm going to seriously think about putting back to original, and if it has to be mapped again then fair enough, I'll never use the so called 300ish hp bollox it's claimed to have....I like the car for what it is ie shape, 4 wheel drive, as for interior (well dash)...!Removed!...but i know they were never the !Removed! strong point

Sounds like you have a full big bore straight through system with very little in the way of silencing.

Try the back box only first and see how you get on with it from then

you can get a PPP backbox from these chaps

http://www.subarupartsstore.co.uk/category/Performance_Parts/Prodrive_Performance_Packs,b.html

I appreciate the link Jay but it'll be a standard one I'll go for....the last sub wagon I had a couple of years ago was original and had the twin chrome pipes at the back, also had a sunroof...why the hell I sold it god knows :rolleyes:

It also had nicer clocks ie the big speedo, smaller rev counter, the fuel and temp gauge were at the left, had the flip up cuby hole above the heater too...better stop talking, I'm pi55ing myself off thinking about it

Yep sounds like a full exhaust is needed if it's doing your head in that much. I take it turning the Stereo up is making no difference :)

Ad I will add one more un-useful comment you should have not sold the 1st one ;) lesson learned.

If you have all the top mounts bits great its easy, but if you don't you'll need quite a few bits. Brackets, top mount, y pipe, dump valve adapter or recirc + piping. Then theres the cut out in the bumper and holes in that allowed the fmic pipes through. Maybe it's just me? Seems a lot of hassle to return to stock, when if you don't like the car that much, sell it and get one more to your liking.

But then I can't be arsed with all the crawling around under the car these days. Which is why mines stock :D

By the sounds of it I don't think your current car will ever measure up to your last one, spend the minimum on it to make it tolerable on a day to day basis and take time hunting for the one which will put the smile back on your face.

By the sounds of it I don't think your current car will ever measure up to your last one

No it wont....I didnt like the green/turquoise colour it was, but I'm sure I sure I could have lived with it, as it wasnt stuffed with go faster sh1te

I'll either need to try and put this one back to original (then I'd probably be ok) or sell as you say and look for another

Here's the last one, nothing great I know but was fine for me :(

Tried to 3 photos up from tinypic but said I wasnt allowed....dont know what happened or why

Tried to 3 photos up from tinypic but said I wasnt allowed....dont know what happened or why

hmmm - that shouldn't be an issue at all - the majority of photos uploaded to threads are from hosted sites.

could you upload them directly to the gallery whilst we have a look at the issue?