Value

Whufc_AB

Hi guys,

I've just joined as I'm intrigued to know if anyone would know when the last mark1 imprezas where rolled out? Basically I own a squared headlight(mark1 I presume) impreza on an X reg that was registered in Jan 2001. I've yet to find one any newer than mine before the design changed to the bug eyed ones. I believe I may have one of the last ones of this type, if so how valuable could it be?

I think most models change over in February and September. I'm not too sure having one of the last made standard issue models will increase its value against any other V6 classic. When it comes to value the main criteria are standard vs modified, mileage, paperwork and ownership. Previous work carried out also tells a story.

I have an X reg, September 2000. Over double your mileage and 3 owners. The mileage and ownership will add to value but the manufacturer date doesn't affect the V6. Going back years when all the facelift and cross overs where happening then dates would matter as it means you're getting a different version of classic.

I'm not sure about what crossovers were done as I'm not an expert on scooby's, just knowing mine would be one of the last ones before the face lift occurred. It wasn't till after I bought the car 18 months ago I found out potentially I had one of the last ones. Went to 10 of the best last year and spoke to a few guys there with X reg cars and none of them were 2001 like mine so that made me curious and thought I might have a gem on my hands. Either that or I'm just an idiot 😂😂😂

For your shape which is referred to as a classic there are 6 versions usually written as v1-v6. Yours is v6. Each version has differences. Some are engine and some are bodywork. Then you've got all the special editions like p1, 22b, rb5, type r, type ra and not including imports. Really too many too list.

• Like 1

That's one the first v6 editions , they ran for a couple years x reg being one the first 

values go up up and down , my old v plate 99 was 1k and a mate had a silver one with sunroof and ac with other factory options he paid 1250, values gone up silly since then but im noticing they going down again now 

if you keep it look after it you never know but it's never gonna be a desired model sorry 

Yes to clarify I meant in 10-15 years when a lot have 'retired' lol.  Excellent condition standard 30+ year old wrx classics could be as rare as current sort after models previously mentioned.

That's why mines only coming out on dry days from now on :laugh:. Might carpet the garage too 😅