Side Light Bulbs

nidgep

hi guys

OSF sidelight bulb has gone dim and hoping it's just the bulb that needs replacing.

Knowing that the bulbs are amber, it would be nice to keep the OEM look and have looked into the various options available including LED.

Not having had the car long, I'm not sure which replacements to buy as I'm sure that some that are stated as being amber are probably not and don't want to make the mistake of getting the wrong colour.

I'm hoping that the experiences of the forum members can steer me in the right direction.

Cheers

These are what I've seen so far.

10 x 501 Amber (WY5W) 12v 5W W2,1x9,5D

OSRAM LEDriving LED Retrofit Amber interior lights 2825YE-02B Amber 2000K - which may be too bright

Sylvania Premium Led Amber Orange 194A 194 168 2825 T10 Four Bulbs Upgrade Light - but from the USA

Sylvania ZEVO Led Amber Orange 194A 194 168 2825 T10 Two Bulbs Upgrade - USA again

Whats the general consensus? Given it looks like a tricky job, want to fit something that will hopefully last a bit.

Edited by nidgep
Link error
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry Mdon

thanks for posting the pics. I think they look pretty good, nice to be a bit different (or Americanised perhaps?)

I've added amber bulbs to my car, but with the MOT only 2 weeks away, I'm now concerned that running front sidelights with a colour other than white, is an MOT failure.

Can someone in the know, provide a definitive answer on this please?

Don't want to take the car only for it to fail MOT on the sidelights, would rather change them beforehand if it's going to be a problem.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

bulbs can now be operated with factory USI and adjuster wire, so connecting them to your Jeep's wiring harness makes for easy integration.

Many LED products require a small bulky power supply and a large power voltage drop, so these lamps may not be for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 1:12 PM, Nur O'Moore said:

Bulbs can now be operated with factory USI and adjuster wire, so connecting them to your Subaru Forester wiring harness makes for easy integration.

Many LED products require a small bulky power supply and a large power voltage drop, so these lamps may not be for you.