I have a list! Fuel pump/ manifold/ and while we're at it BOV

Exup1000

Morning everyone,specially gambit miggs and jay)

So I've got a blow the the driver side manifold area, not got under there yet and mines a twin turbo so could be a number of gaskets.i was just wondering is there a gasket that's always the common one to go on these.chances are once I start I'll end up replacing them all!

So I got in this morning and started it up, the fuel pump has always had that buzz but now it's intermittent, is it on its way out? I don't want it cutting out while I'm racing gsxr 600's not that I did that the other day!

Last one

I've got two recirc valves on mine as it's a a twin.lots of people say to leave it standard and never touch the one on the second turbo which I totally agree with but the first one is on the intercooler just like a normal scooby, so could I change this to a BOV or will I be causing twin turbo problems ?..?

Have a Good Friday !Removed!, I love you all in a weird sexual way

Hello sweetie ;)

Not sure about the gasket mate.

And for the BOV I can't see why it would do anything to the car, it's still doing the same thing with one on and I've seen Twin Legs with them on before. But just to make you aware I've seen some people put a BOV on there car and then have problems not many just some, yet others will fit them like me and had no problems at all and that's with Impreza's  :(

By the sounds of the pump I would say it's on it's way out or being made to work harder to move the fuel making it buzz. Sorry didn't really help that did it :D

And not sure what's happened to Miggs he's not been on for awhile I think he's started to have an affair with other forums :( tutut :)

Are the Turbos sequential? Ie one goes to full Boost then the other takes over or do they work in Tandem? Reason I ask is if they work in Tandem puting a BOV on one turbo and not the other may unbalance the system and mean the one with the BOV won't spool up as quickly as the Recirc one????

I may be talking Poodoo???

You should only hear the fuel pump briefly when you turn the keys in the ignition and the dash lights come on. The pump will prime the fuel system for bweteen 1 and 2 seconds. Once you actually trun the key to start the engine, the pump should be too quiet to hear anyway.

On the exahust manifold, the gasket that seems to go first is the one betwwen the pipe from the turbo to the manifold. Thats not to say the others don't go, Anythings possible.

You should be ok with an aftermarket valve as long as it isn't one of the vent to atmosphere type. ie, make sure it s a recirc one. Don't really know why but the twins don't like some valves but will tolerate others of the venting type, so its best to stick to recirc.

• Like 2