This is going to sound stupid but if i don't ask i won't know

Bouncer

How easy should the wrx wagon roll on hills, even slight....what I mean is, say you're in traffic and idling and on a hill even slight (whether up or down) when you take your foot off the brake, should it roll back easy like ordinary cars, or no. If not, is out because of the 4 wheel drive....or are the brakes sticking.

I've spun the 4 wheels on the jack, granted they only move about 3 inches but moved quite freely....so is it because it's 4 wheel drive...I just wondered

I mean just sitting with your foot on the brake, and when you take it off, you roll back a bit (or forward)

I posted the same time as you Pete....so they dont roll the same as normal cars so to speak....I wondered, as sometimes there's (as you say too) no roll at all, and got me thinking the brakes were binding

No problem, I'll check on a hill (with the handbrake) next time I'm out

Thing is, I never use it unless I'm parked on a hill and allways leave it gear too.....1st if facing uphill (as it's forward moving gear) and reverse facing downwards....dont know if that works but I'm just thinking logical

I know it has hill start but that lights up when in use :p, I'm not talking about hills or even multistory car parks. I'm talking about stopping at junctions and lights with slight inclines, when stopped I ease off the brakes and the car stays where it is. The cars take a lot to get them moving have you ever tried to push yours on your own?

The resistance in the drive train is enough to hold the car on slight inclines.

Yea that's what I mean, just slight inclines....no wonder  4x4's are !Removed! thirsty then.......I'll try and push it :D

I've also noticed I cant "roll" to lights the way I could in an ordinary car....oh well, the joys of 4x4

Haha I nearly gave myself a hernia when I 1st tried to push the car :D 

You're supposed to take it out of gear 1st mate ;-). Or living in part of the country with no hills isn't doing your physique any good !

• Like 2