New Member From Bham

td_dan

Hi there thought id introduce myself my names Dan,  im from birmingham and drive a Subaru Impreza 2.0d its supposedly mapped to 211bhp and i do have a printout but still not sure myself.  Its had the DPF deleted and EGR deleted.  The DPF has physically been smashed out im told but the EGR isnt physically done (yet!). Its also got a set of P1 alloys that were bought brand new from subaru some years ago along with a set of brand new 4 pot calipers.  Not really got any pics but will get some soon.

Thanks Dan.

8 minutes ago, HawkSTI said:

@td_dan welcome mate!

how do you find the boxer Diesel engine? I've always wanted to try one. You getting decent mpg out of it?

Hi mate its pretty decent engine tbh.  Im a big diesel fan anyway and most of my cars have been diesel.  Mine is currently on 145k and still running sweet.  Its apparently been running the 211bhp for the last 25k miles,  from what I can see its also been very looked after and serviced at Subaru over its years so im sure that has played a big part.  Even though it is mapped the mpg is still pretty good and is great to drive especially when the torque throws you back lol

• Like 1

lol probably feels quicker than it is,  Im actually going to put it on another set of rollers for my own peace of mind to hopefully get a more realistic figure

Well currently trying to get to the bottom of a fueling issue at the min. When i put my foot down in 2nd i get a lot of grey smoke all the way through into 3rd until around 3250/3500rpm. Iv cleaned the map sensors as it was clogged up, cleaned the maf sensor, cleaned the egr. Iv got a new fuel filter to fit next and gonna fully blank the egr see if this helps.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Well currently trying to get to the bottom of a fueling issue at the min. When i put my foot down in 2nd i get a lot of grey smoke all the way through into 3rd until around 3250/3500rpm. Iv cleaned the map sensors as it was clogged up, cleaned the maf sensor, cleaned the egr. Iv got a new fuel filter to fit next and gonna fully blank the egr see if this helps.

Cleaning the maf sensor on a Nissan a while back, air intake cleaner didn't work, electrical contact cleaner didn't work... in the end it was wynns egr cleaner that worked. Maybe it was something else I done, but the car ran alright after using that spray.

Scan tool showed the car was thinking it was running lean, so it would adjust fuel trims and made it run rich... then really rich... then back to 0... then again rich, really rich then 0 etc

You could slightly hear a different exhaust note when idling while it was doing this

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Cheers for that. I actually unplugged the maf on the way home from work and it was 100x better so its looks as tho thats the fault. Gonna order a new one to be safe

Wotcha and welcome - One thing I would say is dont use cheap fuel and keep sticking an additive in every 3 tanks or so - The fuel is getting more an more bio added to it my merc vito was throwing out black gunk from the exhaust, it took a BG products clean cycle then use of additives to sort it out but it all runs a lot crisper now - and no gunk 

Using fuel with added ethanol used to bring up the P0420 code, would go on and off.. takes a couple of drives for it to go off so took me awhile to figure it out!

Read somewhere online over a certain percentage of ethanol is not good for some lambda sensors

Just stick to Shell vpower now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

well thought id update this as is was playing up for a while, finally found time to work on it in between my day job, customers cars on the weekends and also planning a wedding :rolleyes:

Turned out i had quite a big split in a boost pipe  which was causing all the problems.  So ordered a bit of silicone of eBay and fitted that along with my homemade egr blank plus a new fuel filter and oil filter with some fresh oil and that was that.  Plugged everything back in as it should and Voila what a difference, pulls really well now so want to get it on a dyno to confirm the supposed 211bhp.

20170930_132043.jpg