WHAT TYRES ??

Piggysniffer

Ok guys n gals, can I just get a thread going to see what tyres people are running on their new age wrx, I'm specifically interested in what people are running on their hawkeyes in a 215 45 17 fitment and how you feel about them but all new age can be involved, 

ive got the toyo t1r on my hawk wrx wagon and although very grippy in the dry I just can not get on with the soft sidewall and vagueness they have on turn in and quick direction changes  

I've looked at re070 potenza and vredestein ultra vorti but can't find either in a 215, I want something with a stiff sidewall and razor sharp handling which the toyos don't have on my car apparently due to the cars weight (people say they are fine on classics)

thanks for any info received .... piggy 😁

I'm running uniroyal rain sports on mine mainly because I daily it , but my friend has just put yoko pradas on his blob and the look great a bit chunkier than tires the same size , and have a solid metal strip in the side wall to stop any horrible flex

• Like 1

Ok guys n gals, can I just get a thread going to see what tyres people are running on their new age wrx, I'm specifically interested in what people are running on their hawkeyes in a 215 45 17 fitment and how you feel about them but all new age can be involved, 

ive got the toyo t1r on my hawk wrx wagon and although very grippy in the dry I just can not get on with the soft sidewall and vagueness they have on turn in and quick direction changes  

I've looked at re070 potenza and vredestein ultra vorti but can't find either in a 215, I want something with a stiff sidewall and razor sharp handling which the toyos don't have on my car apparently due to the cars weight (people say they are fine on classics)

thanks for any info received .... piggy [emoji16]

You can go to 225s on 17s if you want to...may increase your choice [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, david1972 said:

You can go to 225s on 17s if you want to...may increase your choice emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have we got any idea of the width of a hawk wrx wheel against a hawk sti wheel

52 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

Yeah, and sti is 8 so I may introduce sidewall flex by going 225 ? And if I did go 225 would I need to go 40 profile to get the same overall tyre height

Get rid of that wheel gap! 😉😂 Yeah STi is 17x8 on hawks though. You can run 225/40/17 or 215/45/17 for same sizing I believe? Might want to double check that though!