Impreza sport special 2.0

for power potential the turbo is the most cost effective way to go however for the sport look to get it breathing and running right - induction filter and performance exhaust, a good service, clean injectors and good spark from plugs. Then look at the handling - shed weight and upgrade the brakes possibly suspension and antiroll bars. That way you improve the power to weight ratio and have improved cornering

• Like 1

yeah cheers mate , want the turbo but need to wait till got some good funds and not buy anything :-) what sorta spark plugs cause i got new ones recent but never know what these garages stick in it , what am i better sticking to the 2.0 sport or turbo casue my insurance did not seem to change much when got quote , just either save for turbo or invest in the sport :-) cheers bud

It would depend on your driving style - what do you enjoy and also if petrol consumption is something you take into consideration.

before you make your final decision take a test drive in a couple of different models - wrx, sti etc and see if there is a huge difference in your enjoyment then make your choice ;)

I would say if you are worried about the fuel maybe not the best thing.But you can keep the fuel mpg low but it's all to do with will power if you can keep off the happy pedal. I don't have any but have managed to stop smoking 3 times so there is still hope for me maybe when I'm older :D 

• 4 weeks later...

I would say if you are worried about the fuel maybe not the best thing.But you can keep the fuel mpg low but it's all to do with will power if you can keep off the happy pedal. I don't have any but have managed to stop smoking 3 times so there is still hope for me maybe when I'm older :D 

The sport's always going to be better than a wrx, even taking it easy in the wrx, it's still a greedy ******, as it's mapped from the factory for power

The sport doesn't have a rear anti roll bar just a front, also rear brakes are drums not discs, you could change both these items for turbo parts then you would get better handling, personally I'd save spending on the sport to get a turbo, also as for swapping out the sport engine for a turbo you would need most of the wiring too as the electrics will be different, cost wise it would be cheaper to get a complete turbo car

If you can find an early import then most were registered as a gl so the insurance is cheaper than a UK turbo, they are hard to find though