Awd warning light on 65 wrx sti

N1ckhe4d

A few days ago my awd warning light came on and the diff screen vanished. Then came back on and all was fine. But over the past 4 days it still does it once in a while. Does anyone know why it could be doing it? 

I've had new tyres fitted recently with the recommended Dunlop RT and the pressure is exactly what it should be. 

There's an owner up here having the same problem, but they've just changed their tyres all round to rainsport 3's - they won't be happy to hear of the issue with a set of new Dunlops as that is what the dealer is claiming is the problem with theirs (different tyre brand)

@david1972

Thanks for your help mate. 

It has actually sorted itself out but I'll be questioning them about it. 

What I've noticed is that with the new wrx sti, it takes a while to register anything new. Even when you put fuel in. Even when the tyre pressure warning come on, and then you top them up, it still takes a while to recognise normal pressure. 

On 30/01/2018 at 8:24 PM, N1ckhe4d said:

Even when the tyre pressure warning come on, and then you top them up, it still takes a while to recognise normal pressure. 

I've just had my TPMS light come on, Tuesday, refilled (4 psi down, left rear) and reset the sensors using the reset button.  Right side by the traction button.

Currently running Michelin Crossclimate all round, different size to stock (235/45) and set at 33 front/30 rear, and I'm not having any problems.  

Glad you're sorted now. 😁

😂🤣😂 

Think I may have conned myself!?

Refilled the tire, and cuz someone was waiting I drove round the corner and stopped, pressed the tpms button, got what you have, tpms1, and kept my finger on it.  Fairly sure the display told me it had reset...    amd the light went off.  

Now you've got me wondering if it was just well timed? 

Gonna have to Google now. 

Post if you find anything, I will.

Ok, if I've got this right, this is how it works. 

There are either 2 or 3 tpms settings, depending on age and model, I think we've just Iot the first 2.

1, Ordinary

2, Loaded (with passengers)

3, Towing

Press the tpms button till it cycles to what you want, and hold for approx 3 seconds, that'll set it for that loading. 

You can set it to monitor your pressure depending on who or what's in the car. 

😁

Screenshot_20180201-225422.thumb.png.8d1f50309354fd9342b007d5704b6630.pngScreenshot_20180201-225442.thumb.png.044ad75966358960fefca5388fcb86ab.pngScreenshot_20180201-225501.thumb.png.dff08e90579a8a8e3e441167c69bfc07.png

• Like 1

@Pixyflash

Yeah I only have the 2 settings. Not the tow settings, which I'm not bothered about. 

I spoke to subaru and if you have all 4 tyres exactly the same. And the awd warning light keeps coming on, then that's when they need to change the DCCD controller because its too sensitive. As @david1972 posted.

Changing to a different set of tyres that aren't the recommended dunlops, shouldn't cause the AWD warning to come on.