Hello there

2011wrxsti

Hello I'm new to the forums and on the brink of buying myself a Subaru. Its a 2011 2.5 STi Hatch TYPE-UK. It has 43000 miles with full history etc..

Is there anything I should look out for when buying? Figured this will be the best place to find out. This will be my first Subaru :) Im excited.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hello I'm new to the forums and on the brink of buying myself a Subaru. Its a 2011 2.5 STi Hatch TYPE-UK. It has 43000 miles with full history etc..

Is there anything I should look out for when buying? Figured this will be the best place to find out. This will be my first Subaru :) Im excited.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Has the engine been forged? Look for all the issues related to 2.5s. worth checking as I'm having mine rebuilt at the moment and it's not cheap.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wotcha and welcome.

few things with the hatch at 40k it may have had the belts changed if it has check for the pulleys and pump done as well.

Top mounts can fail check for clunking when slowly rolling back and forth then braking

the nuts behind the sound blanket under the bonnet can rust leading to the bonnet corroding

the scuttle panel can get loads of crud behind it if it has been left under trees etc get a torch and look where windscreen wiper motor mounts are.

there is the subaru lip over the rear wheels where crud collects check for any bubbling on the inside which will come through to the outside.

Paint on the interior door cards is thin by the window controls etc check for, if shabby a point for negotiation but cheap to flatten back and blow over.

keep us posted on progress :driving: