Boot leak

Scott shepherd

hi guys owner my Subaru Impreza wrx 2004 and it’s has a leak in boot  tried taking spoiler off and Re sealing , this didn’t work , now when all lights are off ignition is off side lights stay on ! 

Am positive this is to do with damp in boot as I dried out with heat and plenty of air and it sorted light problems out , any body had a leak in boot ? I can’t find where it’s coming from  any help ...

If your side lights stay on with no ignition, then its the switch on the top of the steering column.

This got me last month, nearly two years after owning the car, I pulled the fuse and two days later realised what i had done :biggrin:

• Like 1

They can leak through in a number of places mate, the boot seal it’s self, the mastic that glues the rear light clusters in may have a weak spot or the rear cluster it’s self may be letting water through or the rear window... I’d pour water out of a hose pipe or can over certain places and check after each area to narrow it down. Classics are prone for condensation in the boot and moisture can build up that way. Not sure on the later models though. 

• Like 1

I have the same issue. Only happens in heavy rain. I just get a pool of water on the boot mat around the rear left corner of the boot. I can never find any thing wet around the boot lid or sides. I've tried re-masticing on the boot seal. I'll have a look at the light cluster next.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk