Resistor pills??

Hello all, this seems to be abit of a I know/dont know kind of thing.

few things ive read about resistor pill sizes on what model/year impreza should have all seem to be different. My bugeye wrx is a 2001 and ive read that a 0.9 pill should be in then other pages say 1.2 should. My car aint stock so im LED to believe the pill will need adjusting from standard to whatever size. Im sure the car has been mapped as it wouldnt run well with Sti intercooler, VF turbo, pink injectors and a air filter and turbo back exhaust. So, soes anyone have any kind of info as to what size should be in it? 

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Most mappers remove them when tweeking in a 3 port boost solenoid, as 3 ports give better control over the boost .

As far as i can work out , the restrictor pill is to limit different vac line pressures or spikes in vac line pressures in different conditions. 

Ie when in a higher gear or going uphill the manifold will spike in pressure causing exessive presure in the vac lines . Which in turn could cause overboost , leading to extra air being forced into the engine that the fueling isn't set for .

This is just a educated guess but it makes sense to me lol , i currently run a avcr boost controller with a 3 port so couldn't back up my theory though 🤔