New 2018 Outback GVW

Dogconker

Hi, I know I’m lost ending up in here instead of the XV pages where I belong, but I am toying with th idea of upgrading the XV to the new Outback.

I’m looking at it for towing but I’m trying to find the GVW of the new one without much success.

anyone here know what it is?

thanks

DC

2 hours ago, stants said:

Looks like it's 2180, braked towing capacity of 1800

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks Stants, but that is a different set to f figures to what I have found, though I’venit found tge GVW yet, only kerb weight, the new outback  seems to be 2000kg tow capacity and Kerbweight 1621kg, so looks like the new version Outback is slightly different but I can’t find the GVW anywhere. 

I’m trying to see if the available payload (difference between kerb weight and GVW which on the XV is 460kg) on the outback is more than the XV, certainly its a heavier car which is grear for towing, but if the payload is the same there’s no benefit to me upgrading. 

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Nebrog23 said:

Hi  was the 2100KG  GVW confirmed for the 2018 2.5I outback.  Does anybody know what it is for a 2017 model outback premium 2.5i?

Apparantly it is true that you get 50kg more carrying capacity in a diesel XV than you do in the new 2.5l petrol Outback (subaru not making diesels any more).

pinkstones in Stoke confirmed GVW of 2100kg, i think the 2017 was almost exactly the same.

bizarre that the smallest car in the range has the greatest carrying capacity, so I’m sticking with my XV for now. It tows well so no reason to change.

I agree the load capacity is small on the outback. It’s only 479kg for such a large car.  A family of 5 could easily be 300kg plus 80kg noseweight for a caravan and your left with 100kg for luggage/roofbox/ bikes etc 

thats presuming the towball weight subtracts off the payload!

a skoda Octavia scout has a payload of 650kg

45 minutes ago, Nebrog23 said:

I agree the load capacity is small on the outback. It’s only 479kg for such a large car.  A family of 5 could easily be 300kg plus 80kg noseweight for a caravan and your left with 100kg for luggage/roofbox/ bikes etc 

thats presuming the towball weight subtracts off the payload!

a skoda Octavia scout has a payload of 650kg

XV is 535kg total payload, but I’m 6’3” so no lightweight, then there is the wife, the dog, the dog crate, and you have to subtract the 75kg nose weight and weight of towbal yes, and you haven't even loaded the awning, clotges etc yet.  I weighed the XV and cravan at a public weigh bridge so we know exactly what everything weighs because we have quite a big rig, our caravan makes the XV look like a tonks toy, but it’s all carefully worked out and we are well within limits despite appearances.

AA346FBF-E2FA-4FB2-8657-1818D8B40FC5.jpeg

Thanks useful advice! It’s a real shame but we need the extra rear legroom of the outback. Unbelievable the XV has a higher payload. The payload is even less with the diesel outback. I imagine people just overload