My circumstances are going to drastically change in the next month

Bouncer

And NOT for the better.....I need to cut the ins and fuel bill of the car (95 wrx wagon) I've been offered the same year and type but non turbo, rd tax is the same but ins is less than half....but what difference in mpg SHOULD a non turbo impreza wagon be compared to the turbo. Or am I aswell selling and going for something else that's not awd

:( Not good news but I know you are not the only one feeling the pinch mate so keep your chin up :)

I would say it all depends on how you drive it and where but as a guess 28 to 30  mpg I have even had 32.5mpg from my car when it was running 360BHP but I had to drive it like a nanna in a Suzuki not so swift :) 

I don't actually think the non turbo is that much better on fuel if I remember, you could always look at a remap, Cost is high but you can get it mapped for MPG + Regular unleaded, mine gets around 80 miles per £20 and that's 276bhp and in those 80 miles some may be faster than others :P

yeh imports are dearer to insure purely for the fact it's not a uk car, my neighbours 3.0 td hilux was £1500 on a quote as was a 97 import impreza, my uk turbo 2000 on a 97 plate is less than £500 a year, i was able to get a classic policy on it so that helped

mpg on a sport over the turbo is dramatically better, Dogma had a uk turbo and a steady drive to his cousins would see us filling the tank again before heading back, in his sport it was less than half a tank both ways so could have done it twice