New here, be gentle.

andybhoy

New to the forum. Hobby mechanic of some years. Looking for tips and tricks on my latest project 2010 WRX STI. West/Central Scotland. Looking to take on the clutch, timing belt and noisey steering issue over the winter. Parts advice to start with would be a great help. Any links to part numbers etc. I have factory service and repair manual if anyone need bits of it. 

Welcome to the club andy 👍 nice choice of motor you got, i'm not too clued up on the newer sti's so can't really help with tips and tricks however alot of us use importcarparts.co.uk, Luke who runs the place really knows his stuff and all the parts are oem straight from subaru so you know they're quality parts, i would say stay away from eBay chinese copy parts as they are cheap for a reason, oh we would like pics of said motor we do like pics here 😉🤞

I've used import car parts for loads off stuff on my Subaru based not too far from me so delivery is always quick and all genuine parts. And there quite cheap as well. You can't go wrong with oem parts I would stuck with oem for timing belt kit or a reputable aftermarket kit such as cosworth / hks etc. As for the clutch depending on what your future plans or to give it more power etc. Put a stage 2 one in then you won't have to replace it again if you do decide to get more power.

Stunning looking car my mate just got a red still 300 one of these last week. I love it. hope the project goes well ! 

Also first thing I would do to your still is paint the front grille satin black just my person preference but done my mates on Saturday and it looked much hetter. I'll add a pic below.

IMG_20180922_171744.jpg

• 2 weeks later...