Hi from Nottinghamshire

Jantay53

Hi, I’m Jan from Nottinghamshire.

We’ve had Subarus, Imprezas, Legacy and currently Outback for over 30 years. Never had much trouble with them until the current 61 Outback which recently displayed several warning lights on the dash. The garage we’ve always used (not a Subaru dealer)  checked it - on diagnostics they said - and decided it was just a warning light malfunction. The lights came back on just before we were due to go on holiday so we the left car with them. On our return garage says it was a glow plug failure and one broke as they tried to get it out. They’ve now had it 3 weeks and say it will be upwards of £1500 to repair. Does this seem reasonable? At this stage there’s nothing we can do except have it repaired but I’m now considering looking for a new regular garage as this seems OTT.

Any recommendations in N Notts/Derbys area?

Many thanks Tidgy. We’re not too far from Chesterfield - can’t believe I’ve never heard of them before! I’ve found them online and will definitely try them in future. After reading the forum thread it seems a fairly common, but potentially expensive problem. Might have to reconsider our Subaru loyalty if it’s something that’s liable to recur.

2 hours ago, Jantay53 said:

Many thanks Tidgy. We’re not too far from Chesterfield - can’t believe I’ve never heard of them before! I’ve found them online and will definitely try them in future. After reading the forum thread it seems a fairly common, but potentially expensive problem. Might have to reconsider our Subaru loyalty if it’s something that’s liable to recur.

get a petrol 😄

subaru diesels are known to be pretty crap, had big issues with breaking cranks.

• Like 1