Good, Bad & Ugly Air Filters and Induction Kits

Hi guys, hope all is well!

Currently doing some research on modifications for my Impreza WRX GDA 2.0 MY05.

I'm wondering what experiences and thoughts you guys have about certain brands / models.

I've been looking at these brands:

What are you guys thoughts?

@Tidgy Cheers for the advice, can i ask why you think that? I've seen mixed response on front mount.

I probably should add that I am looking into other mods such as decat/sport cat downpipe, performance exhuast and a re-map etc.

Good quality panel filter. Otherwise you will have to get a remap for an induction kit. Standard airbox is surprisingly good and will not hold anything back in a WRX.

Edit: Just saw your reply. Still don't think it's worth really. The limiting factor for power in a WRX is the turbo and injectors. If you want some more turbo noise, remove the airbox resonator

2 hours ago, BPowell said:

@Tidgy Cheers for the advice, can i ask why you think that? I've seen mixed response on front mount.

I probably should add that I am looking into other mods such as decat/sport cat downpipe, performance exhuast and a re-map etc.

on the stock turbo stay as is (im assuming wrx), if you upgrade the turbo then front mount it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've been doing some more research and seen that a majority of people think that the airbox is actually pretty good, like @Sandals says. 

You mention removing the resonator, does this do anything else bar silence the noise of the intake? If i did remove it would you do anything else?

1 hour ago, BPowell said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've been doing some more research and seen that a majority of people think that the airbox is actually pretty good, like @Sandals says. 

You mention removing the resonator, does this do anything else bar silence the noise of the intake? If i did remove it would you do anything else?

Just silences the intake, was one of the first things I did to my car.