Headlight Woes

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Sorry, i'm feeling particularly upbeat today.  

So... My dilemma is that i have a blob (2005) impreza GX Sport and am apauled with the headlights, I have sanded and polished the lenses so that is MUCH better but i need to find some way of getting more light out and onto the road. I live in the a$$ end of nowhere, Down a 2 mile farm track and about 7miles of lanes. Currently my headlights on dip beam reach about 6-8m infront of the car before the beam cut off. Mainbeam is a bit better but still not great.

I have been thinking i might need to adjust the beam up a bit first but also considering new bulbs and adding some kind of flood light / spot lights on the front? I appear to have foghlights installed behind some covers in my bumper (but not wired up and no switches)

Would you consider an additional light bar and a more offroad look, seen this type of thing on vans and cars by me (not quite as remote as yourself but quite in the sticks)

I used these for a real improvement to the standard Subaru offering

Equivalent to 150W

https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-100w-super-white-natural-glass-bulbs-h1-h3-h4-h7-9004-9005-9006-9007/

Equivalent to 100W

https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-12v-55w-super-white-hid-class-upgrade-bulbs-h1-h3-h4-h7-h8-h9-h10-h11-h12-h13-h15-h16-9004-9005-9006-9007-9011-9012/

Mounted to grills and roof by me

cheap option

ttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Work-Light-12W-18W-27W-36W-48W-72W-LED-Car-Boat-Offroad-Lamp-SUV-ATV-12V-24V/252530922364?hash=item3acc04137c:m:miYE8Vu4v-8iiCsFObIhzeg:rk:33:pf:0

high quality but more expensive option

https://www.lazerlamps.com/home/lights

4 hours ago, Geoffpalmeruk said:

So... My dilemma is that i have a blob (2005) impreza GX Sport and am apauled with the headlights, I have sanded and polished the lenses so that is MUCH better but i need to find some way of getting more light out and onto the road. I live in the a$$ end of nowhere, Down a 2 mile farm track and about 7miles of lanes. Currently my headlights on dip beam reach about 6-8m infront of the car before the beam cut off. Mainbeam is a bit better but still not great.

First things first. Ensure the bulbs are properly seated in the housings. Then, get them aimed properly. Then, if the problem remains, change dip beam bulbs to Osram nightbreaker or similar,

I have used a tape measure and some masking tape on a wall before and then adjusted accordingly- save going to a garage but depends on convenience I suppose. A suggestion, is there a headlight levelling dial on your dash for when towing? If so is that set incorrectly?