Mud Guards Installed

GGMan

Nice.

When I purchased my XV, the only accessories they had at the time where for the Impreza & XV.  Would have liked to got parking sensors as part of the deal, as rear camera get covered in dirt quite easily.

Love the tyres 😊

On 11/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, ianm00 said:

How do you find the Crossclimates? Do they have the "3 peaks" snow flake symbol?

Ian

• 7 months later...

I've been quoted £160 for the supply and fitting of all four splash guards by my local dealer which seems excessive for both material and fitting time so am looking for options / advice.

I've found "Genuine Subaru XV OEM " splash guards on both eBay and Amazon for around £32 for all four corners but the Part Numbers don't tally with those on the Subaru Spares pages. Has anyone bought these cheaper alternative or had experience of their quality, fitment etc?

Any comments welcome.

Agreed they are worth having, should be fitted as standard.  I got mine installed when the car was delivered as part of the “deal”. They don’t seem to fit very securely.

^

indeed should be standard, proper mudguards save lot of damage/corrosion issues down the road.

Same as the rear bumper guard, should of been standard on lot of models.

realistic pricing make would it easier stomach as these things incredibly low unit cost to supply.

They even screw people for further £ on fitting charges too 😮

On 7/4/2019 at 5:42 PM, GGMan said:

I got mine from here: https://subaru-parts.co.uk/product-category/subaru-xv/subaru-xv-2018/

Front ones do stop the odd stone from hitting your door.

See price has gone up.😶 (this is what I paid for mine)

screenshot.41.jpg

Thanks for the link. The price has almost doubled to £58 + VAT per pair ! I assume fitting was straight forward and holes are pre-drilled?

Edited by CaptainSensible
Price comment added

Price shown with VAT.

Straight forward to install, hardest bit was lifting plastic out to get to holes.  You will need a small spanner for back ones tho.  I am sure there a youtube for install. 

Screenshot_20190707-031845_Chrome.jpg